To delete cookies, you can use the options available in your internet browser, often referred to as 'Clear Browser History' in the settings or Internet Options menu of your browser. You can also use the disk clean-up utility in Windows or use a third party programs such as CCleaner
If you are happy to accept our cookies, just click 'Accept' on the pop up message above and this will be remembered by our cookie and you won't be asked again unless you choose to clear the cookie at any time. If you are not happy to accept cookies, then please choose not to use our website LEAVE THIS WEBSITE NOW.
Specific to our website
2). All materials on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio and video clips (collectively the "Material") is protected by copyright and intellectual property rights. Such materials may be used, downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, broadcast, transmitted or linked only with the prior written consent of The Caretakers Website. Applications may be made via email. UNAUTHORISED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. Use can be made only for your personal and non-commercial use with written consent from us. Use of this site does not infer any licence to use the name or trademarks of The Caretakers Website or any third party. You are allowed to enter this site in exchange for your agreeing not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the material on this site. The site may be used only for lawful purposes and your use must not infringe the rights of, or restrict or otherwise inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by any third party. You agree to notify The Caretakers Website forthwith of any such use of this site of which you become aware.
3). The Caretakers Website will not be liable for any damages or losses whatsoever, whether direct or consequential, arising form your use of the site. The Caretakers Website does not warrant that the site or any function or material within that will be fault or error free. The Caretakers Website is not responsible or liable for any infections or contamination of your system or delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this site or with respect to the Material contained on this site. This site and all Materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, adequacy, completeness, correctness and validity of any material rests with you. The Caretakers Website is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials contained on this site whether the material is provided or otherwise supplied by The Caretakers Website or anyone else. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall The Caretakers Website total liability to you for any and all claims, damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site. The Caretakers Website is not necessarily affiliated with sites that may be linked to this site and is not responsible for their content ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk.
4). This site is controlled and operated by The Caretakers Website from its premises in East Sussex, United Kingdom. The Caretakers Website makes no representations that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. No software from this site may be downloaded, exported or reexported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to U.K. export restrictions.
5). This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with English law, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within the United Kingdom. Any action you bring to enforce this agreement or any matters related to this site shall be brought in England. If any provision of this agreement is void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
Specific to our Forums
6). The Caretakers Website is not responsible for any material posted on the Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms, or other forums conducted on this site ("Forums"). You shall not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through such Forums any content which:
a) libels, defames, is obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening;
b) infringes any intellectual property right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to violating anyones copyrights or trademarks;
c) violates any law;
d) advocates illegal activity;
e) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services.
(collectively "Non-Approved Material").
7a) Images posted on these forums by members must be held on server space owned, rented or paid for by the member posting the image. Linking to images held on other servers or websites without obtaining prior written permission from the owner is strictly forbidden. This applies to all images, including avatars. To display an image from another website without the owners permission is regarded as bandwidth theft.
7b) Do not post any images that you do not own the copyright. If you have purchased or have been given the rights to use an image, ensure that those rights include the re-transmission of that image on a third party website. You must, if asked, provide evidence of the rights to display an image. By posting an image on our forum, you make yourself solely responsible for any claim or action arising from its publication.
8) You will not use these forums to sell or to promote products, either directly or indirectly, or to carry out any type of market research or any other data collection method aimed to acquire information to focus the sale of products.
9) You also agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. You will not post anything that is likely to offend other peoples religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political views, nationality/race, colour, age, education (or lack of education), chosen way of life or disabilities. This includes links to websites with extreme social/political views that support such discrimination.
10) You must agree not to post any material subject to copyright unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent
from the owner of the material (This includes the use of third party avatars and images). To make this clear, you must not copy text directly from another website and paste it into a post on this forum or display images in your posts from another website unless you have permission to do so.
11) You will not use these forums to discuss file sharing, copying of music files, cracking encryption, copying computer programs or the copying of ANY other copyright material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this forum. Discussing or linking to sites that contain cracks, Warez and/or any other illegal activity, or has links to such activities is forbidden.
Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you.
13) Your e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).
14) Your username will be deleted if it is considered to be inflammatory, vulgar, promotional, or rude.
15) Adding Email addresses in posts is not allowed.
16) Affiliate based URLs are not allowed anywhere on this forum.
17) You must not use the email links or PMs to spam our users.
18) Do not copy/paste content or use images from other sites that maybe subject to copyright.
19) Do not create multiple accounts. We have a one user, one account policy. Users who create more than one account with the purpose to deceive other users of their identity will be banned.
20) While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
Important additional information regarding our Forum
We would like to remind all school caretakers who post on our forums, that although this is an excellent resource for getting information about our work, learning tips from other caretakers and sharing our knowledge, not everyone is as forward thinking as we are. Please remember, these are public forums and can be accessed worldwide by anyone. This includes young people, parents and your employer. What you post can be read out of context, printed off as evidence and/or used to assume or form an opinion about you.
We are a family friendly website. Our moderators will remove/amend any posts that breaks these Terms and Conditions. However, our moderators cannot cover every eventuality and we cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from your postings. We advise all our members to keep posts in general terms and not to name specific schools or discuss any identifiable situation that could be used to incriminate the poster at a later date.
You are also reminded that dates and times are shown with your posts and could be used to identify your location at any given time. However, dates and times are taken from the server itself, not the users location and may differ considerably from the actual time in your area. The server time is frequently inaccurate.
We are also aware that many caretakers post on our forums from school using the schools internet connection and computer equipment. If you are in anyway unsure whether your employer is happy for you to use the internet during work time, we recommend that you check with your employer to get their consent before using our forums. Be aware that your school may monitor your usage and keep records of your internet activity. We cannot be held responsible for any consequences resulting from the unauthorised use of school internet connections or equipment whilst visiting/using this site.
Many School Caretakers who use our forum, do so using their schools internet connection. Please do not post anything that is likely to have our website added to a banned url list or filtered due to bad language or inappropriate content.
Our website has the approval of the CEOP. This allows users to report abuse and protect young people. You can find the report link on the homepage of our site.