It's not every day you see one of these in my neck of the woods

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 09 21:50

It's not every day you see one of these in my neck of the woods

A Rolls Royce Spectre. Posted on my 1066 EV owners group. This looks a stunning car. I bet it comes at an equally stunning price. It does, £330,000 OTR [Shock.png]

rrs.webp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 10 08:16

Re: It's not every day you see one of these in my neck of the woods

Ah yes the BMW in fancy clothes... [Happy.png]

Nice but wouldn't buy one even if I could afford it, way too ostentatious for me.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 10 11:26

That’s quite a machine, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in the flesh.
Can you imagine squeezing that in a packed Tesco car park [Scared.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 10 21:33

Truth is, "The British" have a serious attitude problem when it comes to people who appear to have money. The assumption that they didn't earn it legitimately through hard work (are crooks). Or, if they are a boss/manager, they are ruthless to employees and only have their own interests at heart. "They didn't get where they are today by being nice". The truth is, a lot of people are jealous of wealth in this country. A car like that will be keyed or dented by car doors or trolleys in a car park within a very short space of time.

Unlike in the US (Trout country) people look up to people who have made a success of their lives no matter how they got there. Even if your name is Donald Trump. The Americans don't suffer from the jealousy the British do.

I remember Brian May was asked with all his money, why did he run around in an old clapped out Volvo. I can fully understand it. If he had a car like that Rolls Royce, it wouldn't last 5 minutes in the UK. But in the US, people would stand back and admire the car and think well of the owner to achieve such a purchase in life.

I'm sure not all British people would think this way on the same hand, I'm sure there are some Americans who despise those with wealth. But it does seem to be a culture thing.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
May 2024 11 08:24

Is that a FAST charger then CT
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 11 08:37

inspector wrote: 11th May 2024 at 8:24am Is that a FAST charger then CT
More like a Rapid charger [Wink.png] [Big grin.png]
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 11 09:16

inspector wrote: 11th May 2024 at 8:24am Is that a FAST charger then CT
No.

Slow Charger 3kW - 7kW
Fast Charger 7kW - 22kW
Rapid Charger 22kW - 50kW
Ultra-Rapid Charger 50kW - 350 kW

Being a multi unit Public Charger site like that, it is likely to be a Rapid or Ultra-Rapid Charger.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 13 08:28

There's a guy on you tube called Matt Armstrong, he buys crashed exotic cars and rebuilds them.

One of his current projects is repairing a RR wraith Mansory, previously owned and crashed by Marcus Rashford shortly after buying it.
Interestingly the Insurance company didn't write off the car as to sell it for parts or restoration would recoup more money for the insurance company after paying out the claim. [Shock.png]

Mansory is a very high end tuning house with prices in the range of "if you have to ask you can't afford"
Some of the prices are truly eye watering £1,600 for a small carbon fibre badge with Mansory written on it.
The RR prices were equally eye watering, Rear quarter panel for a Wraith? that will be £10,500 Sir, Plus VAT..

He actually ended up buying 2 other Wraithes to pick for parts as it was cheaper than buying the parts required. [JawDropped.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 13 10:04

Slight thread drift: [Scared.png]

A few years back the boss of the contractors replacing our school roof had a Bentley Continental GT, I later found out it was the W12 version. He saw me admiring it one day and as he was leaving offered me a ride around the block. What a machine, effortless performance and luxury.
There is only one problem with it the boss told me as he dropped me back at the school, it likes a drink… [Neutral.png]

I would imagine that Spectre like its petrol equivalents is not very fuel efficient, but then if you can afford the membership fee, fuel cost is the last of your worries...
[Cool.png]
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 13 12:16

thecaretaker wrote: 10th May 2024 at 9:33pm Truth is, "The British" have a serious attitude problem when it comes to people who appear to have money. The assumption that they didn't earn it legitimately through hard work (are crooks). Or, if they are a boss/manager, they are ruthless to employees and only have their own interests at heart. "They didn't get where they are today by being nice". The truth is, a lot of people are jealous of wealth in this country. A car like that will be keyed or dented by car doors or trolleys in a car park within a very short space of time.

Unlike in the US (Trout country) people look up to people who have made a success of their lives no matter how they got there. Even if your name is Donald Trump. The Americans don't suffer from the jealousy the British do.

I remember Brian May was asked with all his money, why did he run around in an old clapped out Volvo. I can fully understand it. If he had a car like that Rolls Royce, it wouldn't last 5 minutes in the UK. But in the US, people would stand back and admire the car and think well of the owner to achieve such a purchase in life.

I'm sure not all British people would think this way on the same hand, I'm sure there are some Americans who despise those with wealth. But it does seem to be a culture thing.
Im happy with people being rich. It's how they treat other people is what matters to me. My Yaris cross got hit by a trolley the other week. £200 to repair it!.