Hello!

New to our forum? This is the board to introduce yourself. Say hello to other members...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

PalaceEagles
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 01 08:49

Re: Hello!

Welcome.

I'm 42 now and started when I was 29. My background was ground maintenance and then went into the building industry and those skills that I leant have transferred and helped me with this job. Worked at 3 schools and have finally(fingers crossed) found the best one yet. It has it good day, brilliant days and some awful days but all jobs are like that. Like others have said, keep trying to learn more and more about the job. Keep asking to be put on courses whether it be PAT testing course, H&S courses anything. Information is key. The biggest thing I have leant is communication, if you don't communicate properly it will come back and kick you in the --- censored word ---. Email is a godsend, use it for everything, its your record of conversation you have had with people.

Enjoy it as well, school are a fun place to be and its about the kids at the end of the day.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 09:14

Welcome aboard, [Like.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 01 09:30

Welcome bro.
I started when I imigrated here in 2002.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 09:46

I started when I was 54. Prior to this position I spent almost the whole of my life as a welder/fabricator. But a work place injury told me i could no longer continue in that trade and up popped this position. I see nothing wrong if you are in your 20s and see it as your job for life. I spent all mine not really knowing what I wanted to do until I found it.

Good luck and like others have said, glean as much training as you can as it will help you progress further in the industry. [Like.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off