Single Status Grade 4 pts 8-10, £15,820 - £16,482 pro rata
We require a Caretaker 3 to join our friendly and supportive team.
We currently have 220 pupils on role, aged between four and eleven years. The school is a large modern building and has a spacious hall, library and classrooms. We have beautiful, well-maintained grounds including two playgrounds, a pond area, vegetable gardens, an outdoor classroom, playing fields and outside play equipment. The caretaker is supported by a team of three school cleaners.
What we can offer:
- A fantastic learning environment, grounds and facilities
- A well-resourced and creative environment
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils
- Excellent training opportunities
- A supportive team
- A fun school to work in!
What we are looking for:
A Caretaker who:
- Is able to work using their own initiative and manage their own workload whilst being flexible to meet the school’s needs.
- Is committed to raising standards for all children and the school environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to pupils’ development and pastoral care.
- Works well as part of a team and contributes positively to the school’s aims.
- Has high aspirations for themselves and the school environment.
Experience of caretaking in a school setting would be an advantage. Current working hours are 7.15am to 12.15pm Monday to Friday. 25 hours per week. These hours are negotiable but early morning opening up of the school is essential. Visits to the school are very welcome and encouraged.
Closing date for application forms –Friday 9th February. Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 19th February 2018.
East Sussex County Council
Newick C.E. Primary School
63 Allington Road, Newick,
Near Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 4NB
Headteacher : Mrs S Thomas
Telephone/fax: 01825 723377