Salary: £18,657.00 FTE
36.25 hours per week over 52 weeks, fully flexible
23 days holiday (not to be taken during term time) & bank holidays
Closing date Monday 26th February 2018
Interviews to be held on Friday 2nd March 2018
Please visit our website www.pinnerhighschool.org for candidate pack and application form
CV's are strictly not accepted
Repairs and Maintenance
- To provide and/or organise day to day maintenance, repair, carpentry, plumbing, plastering, painting and decorating in the school, premises and site and to maintain all usual premises management supplies e.g. tools, materials, utilities such as sand, soap, towels etc.
- Maintenance of the school grounds and removal of litter.
- To provide and/or organise planned preventative and reactive maintenance in the school, premises and site.
- To assist with the supervision of the refurbishment programme
- To manage contractors and subcontractors visiting the site ensuring that they complete work to a high standard, adhere to safe working practices, complete all required forms and provide all required reports, are aware of all safety and relevant matters, and that their presence is consistent with safeguarding requirements and obligations, providing supervision and/or chaperoning as necessary.
- To maintain appropriate planned preventative and reactive maintenance and compliance records, in hard copy and/or electronically, collecting from contractors and sub-contractors as necessary, and to be fully aware of the substance of any such records and to actively implement or action any recommendations or matters arising.
- To provide and/or organise porterage of furniture, equipment, or deliveries around the school, premises and site.
Health and Safety, Risk Assessment and Compliance
- To support and assist with the assessment and fulfilment of the school’s health and safety, regulatory and compliance obligations and to provide and assist with ongoing risk assessment(s) and implementation of any recommendations or actions arising.
- To report any health and safety, risk or premises management concerns to the Head of Operations and to use initiative to address any such issues immediately or in a timely fashion (depending on the nature of the issue).
- To maintain and monitor appropriate health and safety, risk assessment and compliance records and to be fully aware of the substance of any such records and to actively implement any recommendations or actions arising.
Records, paperwork and procedures
- To maintain records and paperwork and to follow procedures to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the school, premises and site.
Managing and monitoring energy, lighting, heating etc.
- To ensure all energy and other readings are taken on a regular basis and to use all reasonable endeavours to ensure efficient consumption of such energy and other consumables.
- To be responsible for checking boilers and heating apparatus, ensuring that all timings and settings are in correct working order and adjusted for varying weather conditions as appropriate.
- To ensure all lights are working, electrical fittings and sockets are in good working order and turned off when not in use.
- To monitor and maintain all usual premises management supplies e.g. tools, tapes, sand, and salt, utilities such as soap, towels and toiletries etc.
- To ensure the school, premises and site are cleaned to a high standard.
- To organise, monitor and undertake administrative tasks in relation to cleaning contractors.
- To ensure all toilets and associated areas are maintained to a clean, hygienic standard at all times and are stocked with soap, hand towels etc.
- To manage and carry out the cleaning of areas as necessary during the school day and/or holidays including the removal, cleaning or clearing of spillages, including bodily fluids.
- To maintain the school, premises and site in a safe, clean and tidy condition, including sweeping and litter-picking as necessary, and to ensure there is always clear access to walkways and driveways especially in adverse conditions.
Security and accessibility
- To have responsibility for the keys, master keys, locks, digilocks, access and evacuation controls, ensuring all such systems are in safe, working order.
- To ensure that all gates, doors and windows are locked and unlocked as appropriate for the safety and convenience of all students, staff and visitors and for the day to day use and security of the school, site and premises.
- To maintain and operate intruder and emergency evacuation alarms and systems and CCTV apparatus and to download footage as requested and to adhere to the school’s policy.
- To be fully aware of the substance of and to contribute to the planning and implementation of emergency evacuation and/or lockdown procedures.
Cover and Out of Hours Work
- To work to rotas and/or shifts as necessary and, from time to time, agreed. Weekend and evening work will be necessary from time to time.
- To provide and organise adequate cover of the school, premises and site during the school day and out of hours where necessary or appropriate.
- To respond to out of hours or emergency ‘call outs’ to the school, premises or site as necessary or appropriate.
- To ensure that the school, site and premises are prepared and available for use out of hours, for example for open events, parents’ evenings, school performances and/or for private or community lettings.
- To ensure that the school, site and premises are rearranged after any out of hours’ events ready for the next school day.
- To assist with the marketing, booking and administration of private/community lettings.
- To undertake training in ICT, first aid, health and safety, school policies and procedures and/or any area as considered necessary or appropriate to the role from time to time
- The post holder may be asked by the Board of Trustees, Local Governing Body or Head teacher to undertake other duties that are reasonably regarded as falling within the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- All staff employed by the Trust are required to be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children’s Act and associated Government guidance in relation to child protection and safeguarding young people.
- All staff employed by the Trust are required to reflect and model the ethos and values of the Trust.
- All staff employed by the Trust are required to respect the confidentiality of information relating to students, their families, and staff.
Type of School: 11-18 Mixed School
Pinner High School opened in September 2016. It will admit up to 180 students in each year group. By 2022 it will have over 1,100 students in Years 7-13.
Pinner High School is part of Harrow Academies Trust, a company limited by guarantee that is registered in England and Wales (9026369). Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.