EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is Europe's framework for data protection laws. The legislation is designed to "harmonise" data privacy laws across Europe as well as give greater protection and rights to individuals.
To comply with the EU GDPR you need to be made aware of the following:
The Caretakers' Forum does hold some personal data which could be used to identify you. This includes email addresses and a users ip address. The sole purpose of this is:
• to manage any registered account that you hold with us;
• to verify your identity;
• to improve the functionality of the forum and to give users a better experience.
In addition to the above, The Caretakers' Forum will also store all of the IP address that you use to post with.
Your IP address, username and email address is used to compare it against a list of know forum spammers upon registration and each time you make a post on the forum. If a match is found, the registration or post is denied. This is performed by a third party software extension supplied by CleanTalk
to protect our users from inappropriate material being posted on the forum.
Depending on your preferences, The Caretakers' Forum may send you emails to the email address that you used when you registered or you have subsequently changed, but you are able to change these preferences from your User Control Panel (UCP) at any time should you wish to stop receiving them.
The personal details that you gave us when you signed up will be used solely for the purposes of The Caretakers' Forum board functionality. They will not be used for anything else and neither will they be passed on to any third party without your explicit consent.
The only other information about you is what you decide to post on the forum, whereupon it is considered to be “publicly available” as it will have been indexed by search engines as well as on-line archive sites.
User controls include:
• You have the ability to see any personal information held about you in the 'User Control Panel' at any time.
• You can see all posts where you may have entered personal data which has become “publicly available” by clicking on the 'Your Post' link in the forum links menu.
• You can request that your account is deleted, all your posts are deleted and any personal information is removed by sending the administrator a Private Message (PM) or by making a request via email
(Please allow 24 hours). However, we cannot remove any material which has been indexed by search engines or on-line archive sites.