Its been a good day on the forum

Get all the latest website & forum news. Tell us what you like and don't like about the site...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jul 2021 14 18:50

Its been a good day on the forum

Best number of users online since the COVID restrictions...

In total there were 87 registered users and 62 guests active over the last 24 hours

It's good to see you all.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 14 18:58

Re: Its been a good day on the forum

Great stuff C/T, lets hope It keeps on improving
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 15 07:53

This time of year can be stressful in a school. I know I'm under some stress at the moment with jobs (some of them conflicting) seeming to be coming at me from all directions. We have a lot of room moves this summer and it appears to be impossible for co.'s to follow simple instructions.

All I asked is that if they want something moved could they label it clearly with the location they wish it to go to and put a notification in my job book.
I've had all sorts, from no labels but "could you just" as I'm passing in the corridor, to a label that said "to my new room please". No job notifications in my book and one particular TA that I had to tell 4 times to label the furniture with where it needs to go to then get a label that said "move this one"! -Scared.png-

All this on top of a genius set of SLT who decided to take it upon themselves to tell all the teachers to strip all the displays from their rooms because they were being painted this summer. This being a blatant lie just to get them to change the displays in their rooms. Cue lots of questions to me of "what needs moving for the painting" or "when are you painting my room" when I hadn't a clue what was going on. -Angry.png-
So now guess what? I have been asked by the head to paint some rooms over the summer as they are stripped anyway..... -Neutral.png-

God give me the strength to get through the next few days without throttling someone....

So please everyone have a good rant on here if you need to (I just have) its better than GBH and losing your job.. -Like.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
gregincardiff
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 15 09:19

I feel your pain.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 15 11:49

Vera wrote: Thu, 15th Jul 2021, 7:53am This time of year can be stressful in a school. I know I'm under some stress at the moment with jobs (some of them conflicting) seeming to be coming at me from all directions. We have a lot of room moves this summer and it appears to be impossible for co.'s to follow simple instructions.
Same here, everyone moving offices, no one returns keys so new occupant wants keys!
Only one member of site staff on site during summer, if it`s heavy and you want it moved tell me now, if not it will be moved on staff training day!

Waiting for the inevitable "could you just paint my office" -Angry.png-

Been here 16 years, offices moved every year -Angry.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 15 19:57

Nigel wrote: Thu, 15th Jul 2021, 11:49am Same here, everyone moving offices, no one returns keys so new occupant wants keys!
Only one member of site staff on site during summer, if it`s heavy and you want it moved tell me now, if not it will be moved on staff training day!

Waiting for the inevitable "could you just paint my office" -Angry.png-

Been here 16 years, offices moved every year -Angry.png-
Being the Sado OCD person i am, I have kept count of exactly how much i have spent replacing lost keys or issuing new one's where staff have left and taken them with them. £5,347.58 over just 5yrs. I have been crying out for years for them to implement a "De-employ" procedure. i.e. hand everything thing in when you leave, keys ID badges, access control etc, identify them and reissue. apparently it's easier just to send me to the locksmith? -Loud.png-