Tame fox

Share your photographs with other forum members. Discuss photography and equipment...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2021 25 12:15

Tame fox

Did anybody see the Channel 5 news yesterday?

They had an article about a guy who has a pet fox. I know foxes are becoming very tame and moving closer to humans, but to have one that is happy to be a pet!!!

I've taken a few snaps from the news article of this lovely creature.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 25 12:34

Re: Tame fox

I didn't see the program, but:

A few years back a fox started following me around early mornings whilst opening the three school buildings. Gradually he was pre-empting my next movement and rather than follow started appearing in front of me between the buildings. This carried on for months and as much as I hated clearing up his mess, I started talking to him and called him Jonny the Fox. Spring arrived fox cubs appeared and it was time to call it a day, I was a little sad when he was “ahem” removed and no longer appeared each morning….
-Disappointment.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 25 14:47

Keyolder wrote: Thu, 25th Feb 2021, 12:34pm I didn't see the program, but:

A few years back a fox started following me around early mornings whilst opening the three school buildings. Gradually he was pre-empting my next movement and rather than follow started appearing in front of me between the buildings. This carried on for months and as much as I hated clearing up his mess, I started talking to him and called him Jonny the Fox. Spring arrived fox cubs appeared and it was time to call it a day, I was a little sad when he was “ahem” removed and no longer appeared each morning….
-Disappointment.png-
So do think that Jonny was Jenny, or was there a Jenny to your Jonny?
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 25 15:23

Dexter wrote: Thu, 25th Feb 2021, 2:47pm So do think that Jonny was Jenny, or was there a Jenny to your Jonny?
-Big grin.png- I'm sure he was a Jonny, I did see a Jenny with the fox cubs once -Happy.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Feb 2021 25 15:44

thecaretaker wrote: Thu, 25th Feb 2021, 12:15pm Did anybody see the Channel 5 news yesterday?

They had an article about a guy who has a pet fox. I know foxes are becoming very tame and moving closer to humans, but to have one that is happy to be a pet!!!

I've taken a few snaps from the news article of this lovely creature.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

The story was on the Jeremy Vine program, he had all sorts in the house, even a Deer, the fox is blind, and house trained.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2021 26 08:06

inspector wrote: Thu, 25th Feb 2021, 3:44pm The story was on the Jeremy Vine program, he had all sorts in the house, even a Deer, the fox is blind, and house trained.
A real life Doctor Doolittle -Big grin.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Caretakingpoet
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 26 09:23

Heres a photo of my "little friend" I see most mornings now, she first appeared when we had snow and is not remotely phased by me or anyone else. when I first met her the office had radioed through to say she was on the playground and could I "shoo" her away. After "shooing" for about 40 minutes with my assistant and her simply looking at us with an amused look in her eye or leaving then re-appearing somewhere else we gave up.

I too kind of like seeing her every morning now and am disappointed if I do not. I stop short of encouraging her but I do not discourage her, I dare say come the 8th she will decide to move on of her own volition. I may join her!!

thumbnail_IMG_3180.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 26 09:46

We have some very tame foxes around the school sometimes seen them trot across during the middle of playtime ignoring everyone. Last year I had one sleep in my back garden every day for a couple of months in the summer.

IMG_20200421_084436~2.jpg
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 26 10:10

We used to have a fox that stole shoes -Big grin.png- It also had cubs and they were found in the kitchen one day after coming in through the hall.
One moved in within days of our mobiles being installed, but I haven't seen one for a while now, just a dead one last November that had just about decomposed.
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 26 15:45

Having a wild fox as a household pet is a bad decision, more for the fox than the human, OK the fox was blind and prob better off inside being looked after, but they will trash your house, poo and pee everywhere and the noise they make when crying or yelping can go on for ages. They are very protective of the human they have bonded with and require constant companionship and will demolish your couches, cushions etc if you leave them alone when you leave the house.

They smell too, I mean really smell. There are many utube videos showing how difficult it is looking after a fox.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower