Summer Works - What's Happening?

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, inspector, Dragonrider, thecaretaker

Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2020 25 11:27

Re: Summer Works - What's Happening?

nothing much here, ive got the next 4 weeks booked off, a few small jobs to do in the last week of the holiday.
Obelix27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2020 03 07:12

This is probably my most quiet summer holiday in my 27 years here. We have nothing major going on. The biggest job i suppose was having a new commercial dishwasher installed in the school kitchen but even that was only a days work.
Because of the pandemic, i did put a halt on general maintenance and servicing that was due. As a school, we just decided to have as few outside people on site as possible, for their safety as well as the small number of pupils that were still attending school plus staff. So i have had various companies in over the past two weeks just to catch up, which they now have.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2020 03 10:59

Pretty busy here, we have a complete kitchen refurb, holiday clubs in all summer -Scared.png- and I have been given a small mountain of cleaning, maintenance and painting/decorating jobs that I'll be lucky to get anywhere near half of it done by September. At least I have a couple of weeks off coming up to look forward to.
Davee030613
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2020 09 20:24

We had 2 classroom floors changed, nee teacher walls and had to paint them, we are gaving new playground marking out games and stuff, doing some tarmac repairs but not in this heat lol 😂

Would added a picture of the classrooms but won’t let me for some reason 🙄