5 litre hand sanitizer

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 10:50

5 litre hand sanitizer

I dont know how much people are paying for 5 litre Hand Sanitizer but I have found this.
https://www.surfacespray.com/products/5 ... eq=uniform

This is the cheapest I have seen it. We were paying over £30.00 a tub a few weeks ago!
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Jack-the-Bug
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 10:58

Re: 5 litre hand sanitizer

We get our 5 litres ones for £13.00
But i did buy a couple of 25 litre big barrels with a pump dispenser which worked out at £11.75 for 5 litres.
Bigbear69
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 11:12

This should be an item that can be claimed back under covid expenses for schools, the Business Manager should be on top of it
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 11:26

Bigbear69 wrote: Wed, 13th Jan 2021, 11:12am This should be an item that can be claimed back under covid expenses for schools, the Business Manager should be on top of it
I didn't know we could claim any expenses back? The BM might know? I will ask, because we have been spending like mad on this and extra hand towels and soap etc. Thanks. -Thumb_up-
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Jack-the-Bug
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 11:38

We have done a direct comparison exercise with the year previous and have logged all "extra" items as a covid cost.
Its quite a difference from previous years.
Our business manager is forwarding all extra costs to our Academy people in the hope of extra funding/refund/claim etc.
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 12:45

You can claim back extra stuff, but there are deadlines for it. Our finance manager was doing it before Christmas, so not sure if it's passed already? Worth looking into though.

We claimed for everything extra, including bins which we were advised to get (pedal bin with lid). They didn't refund for them, but we did get a few grand back for other bits. If they don't think a particular "claimed item" should be paid, they'll just deduct it from the over refund.

Also if you put loads of soap for example, they may not refund all of what you have requested, as you would usually have to buy it anyway. If for example you claimed for 50 litres they may refund you 25.

Worth doing.
Hedgehog
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 17:51

You are better buying the 76% Alcohol content one as this kills 99.999%
I know it sounds funny but there is a difference in the strength of the gel and it's effectiveness against virus, bacteria and general bugs .
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 14 07:08

As Hedgehog has said, we are using gel- no guidance from our LA, we have chosen to stay with the alcohol based one. On that point, we opted back into the LA this year so that we would get advise and to remain consistent- I think I have had two emails from them since April- such a good service I must say--- not