audit on smart phone

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

motorr
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 12 16:51

audit on smart phone

I have just got a iPhone and looking at doing my all my checks and audit ( H & S, Fire, ladders, maintance, etc ) as just been at my new school of 4 months and been given the job as Health and Safety as well as anything else on it for a large (650 kids) Primary school. Does anyone else use this system if so which system and do you have to make your own templates or do they have them already made. Does anyone have templates that can be shared. not sure the school will fund it so a free system or cheap monthly payment would be great. Many thanks for your help.

Sharky
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 13 09:26

Re: audit on smart phone

All mine is done via One drive and office 365. Easiest way and can then be accessed anywhere. No fancy apps.
"Can you just?....."

steveg
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 13 09:37

We are starting to use iAuditor here, which should do what you want. It can take current paper forms and convert them, with a little bit of work to clean them up after.

DAE avatar
peter1970
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 15 20:52

iauditor looks interesting is the free one good enough or have you had to pay?

steveg
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 08:29

So far the free one has been fine, but we had a change of caretaker half way through migrating to the system, so haven't moved fully across yet.

D.I.Burnside
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 08:58

iauditor is a great software and is free or you can pay a subscription so that you can sync your phones, tables and PC's which we do [Like.png]
Give Blood, you know you want to..

chrismccol
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 15:54

I would like to do something like that but for safeguarding reasons at our primary school we are not allowed to use smart phones, or any phone with a camera. I would be interested to know how do you get around that problem.
I'm a caretaker. I solve problems you don't know you have in many ways you can't understand. [JawDropped.png]

onthego
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 16 16:55

I have been using iAuditor for about 2 years. Takes a while to build your template but once done it makes life so much easier. I was subject to a compliance audit last month. The compliance auditor from the LA was very impressed how easy it was so access previous audits and how much easier life was with such an app.

It can also be used via a PC not just a mobile device. If you are not allowed a camera on site then a laptop would work instead. I suppose one of the chromebook types would be sufficient and could be worth investigating.
They got the degree's. You've got the common sense

bigbird
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 17 09:23

I like to keep my files on paper or on computer files and make it as foggy as hell to management. That's to protect myself and my staff, once management realise now easy somethings are, you're just a little bit less important and cost cutting starts again.
[Cry.png]
You're only as Good as Your Last Job!

jholden
Forum Member
Forum Member
May 2019 17 10:25

We use TB Beacon, works great on smart phones & tablets etc.
“The only thing I know is that I know nothing”