What Health and Safety training have you taken recenty?

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 2020 13 21:36

What Health and Safety training have you taken recenty?

I did IOSH and NEBOSH. What other H&S training is there available?

fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

Hutch1066
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 16:15

Re: What Health and Safety training have you taken recenty?

I started NEBOSH in a previous job but was made redundent so never finished the course so looking to do the IOSH course via school or even of own back shortly
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 17:04

How recent is recent?
Always having to do h&s courses online.
First aid renewal a couple of weeks ago.
Social distancing apart from working in pairs. Then it was gloves & mask's
He who can does, he who cannot, teaches.
George Bernard Shaw
Jomell
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 20:29

IOSH course and I've also done a caretaker essentials course (covers a bit of everything). Just completed my First Aid this week.
Eastcaretaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 21:06

GDPR and data protection on line course
jaycclayton
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 04:33

NEBOSH qualified last year
timmydog
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 08:37

you lucky lot if i asked about thing like the look at me in a way that says were the only ones that knows things like that so i just dont bother asking
NEITTech
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 09:15

I completed my NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety. I'd highly recommend NCRQ to anyone, they are quite quickly taking over NEBOSH's market share because it is less academic than NEBOSH.

For context, I am a Site Manager and from next week, Business Manager. I wouldn't expect a caretaker to complete this course, it is geared towards those who coordinate/are responsible for health and safety in their organisation. There are other shorter courses available through NCRQ and NEBOSH that may be better suited.
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 10:29

Anything like IOSH and NEBOSH, then my lot just dont want to know. The price puts them off. If it cant be found and taught online for under fifty quid then its a pointless conversation
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff -Success.png-
Drillbit
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 10:58

NEITTech wrote: Thu, 17th Sep 2020, 9:15am I completed my NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety. I'd highly recommend NCRQ to anyone, they are quite quickly taking over NEBOSH's market share because it is less academic than NEBOSH.

For context, I am a Site Manager and from next week, Business Manager. I wouldn't expect a caretaker to complete this course, it is geared towards those who coordinate/are responsible for health and safety in their organisation. There are other shorter courses available through NCRQ and NEBOSH that may be better suited.
The NEBOSH qualification is internationally recognised, do you know if the NCRQ is as well?

I ask because I'm doing the NEBOSH award now and I aim to move to Canada.
NEITTech
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 11:44

Drillbit wrote: Thu, 17th Sep 2020, 10:58am The NEBOSH qualification is internationally recognised, do you know if the NCRQ is as well?

I ask because I'm doing the NEBOSH award now and I aim to move to Canada.
From the website:
Are these qualifications accredited by IOSH or IIRSM?
The Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety is accredited by IOSH as meeting the academic requirements of Associate (AIOSH) or Technical (TechIOSH) Membership, and by IIRSM as meeting the requirements for Associate (AIIRSM) Membership.

The Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety is accredited by IOSH as meeting the academic requirements of Graduate (GradIOSH) or Chartered (CMIOSH) Membership, and by IIRSM as meeting the requirements for full (MIIRSM) Membership.

Can I undertake these qualifications outside the UK?
The current qualifications have a strong foundation in the legal system and legislation of England and Wales, and are suitable for students who live and work, or intend to work, in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

You can still complete these qualifications outside of the UK, however you should bear in mind that some aspects of the syllabus may not be relevant in your country.
I can confirm the course content naturally covers UK-specific legislation, but the general health and safety content, in my opinion, is relevant everywhere in the world. Hope that helps.
Drillbit
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 11:48

-Hug.png- Thanks mate!