Walking wipes

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Elephantpaul63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 14:07

Walking wipes

Afternoon all,i have been asked by the BM is their a way that we can stop the staff moving ( taking home ) the wipes that are left in places so staff can clean things ie in toilets/laptop trolley/medical room,is their such a thing as a tub that holds wipes that can be screwed down ?
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 14:45

Re: Walking wipes

Send out an email saying anyone caught stealing any school property (including wipes) will be reported to the police.
People don't seem to think taking the odd pack of wipes here, a couple of loo rolls there is theft but it is and should be treated as such.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 14:55

property in general goes walkies here.. cant beleive the stuff they smuggle out. 18" fans!! i mean how????
"Can you just?....."
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 18:44

There are dispensers you can get that can be screwed to the wall etc. for this, the problem is with the current situation I have found is that they can be hard to obtain as they are out of stock and then are usually designed for specific wipes which again can be hard to get or may just be very expensive. We have locked up a lot of our stuff here and I am trying not to put too much out as the HT wanted it so all staff could access but the amount that was disappearing per day was ridiculous.
timmydog
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 18:48

put a anti vandal paint on tub so the cant nick it
Jomell
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 15 18:59

Wet wipes? you're posh! -Wink.png-
We just give them a micro fibre cloth and some anti-bacterial spray. Our lot would try to flush the wet wipes down the toilets -Shock.png-
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 08:05

As said it is theft and as such an arrestable offence, all staff should be told that taking any thing from school without the HT permission will be treated as theft and the wipes containers have been ultra violet pen marked with the schools name so if found in their homes they will be arrested and prosocuted, i know it is only wipes but you add up all the items that walk in a school and you are talking the wages of a cleaner or junior member of staff. -Disappointment.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right
Gigantor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 09:58

Quick search of "wet wipe holder with lock" on google images I found this

https://www.displays2go.com/P-34441/Wip ... ustability
"Could you just...?" "When you get a chance... No rush.(But what I actually mean is right now)"
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 2020 16 10:10

My cleaners used to nick loads of stuff (they often bought their own cleaning stuff in too lol). I spoke to them all and they denied taking anything.

A week later after my talk, one of the cleaners took loads of yellow dusters. How did I know?

Her carrier bag had a hole in the bottom and she left a trail of yellow dusters all the way up to the bus stop at the top of the road. I picked them all up and confronted her with them. She couldn't deny it then -Big grin.png-

fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 16 10:40

thecaretaker wrote: Wed, 16th Sep 2020, 10:10am My cleaners used to nick loads of stuff (they often bought their own cleaning stuff in too lol). I spoke to them all and they denied taking anything.
I found our cleaners used to steal from each other’s cleaning storerooms, although they called it “borrowing”. They used to complain to me that their (insert cleaning product) has gone missing, I would replace it but find later on when checking the store rooms the cleaning product was either reproducing or had returned?

We have wet wipes in the early years unit but micro fibre cloths and anti-bacterial spray everywhere else.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 20 01:37

We use the large 1000 wipe buckets, very obvious and difficult to steal.

https://www.nexonhealthcare.co.uk/house ... -1000-p935
scrubadub
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 20 12:42

our wipes come in a tub, just a thought but could you not take the wipes out (ours are easily removable) screw the tub to say a plank of wood and pop the wipes back in? We don't tend to use wipes much now just for the photocopier. We use a refillable spray bottle and blue paper towels in the classrooms.
Lift your face to the sun, then the shadows will fall behind you.
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 20 23:50

scrubadub wrote: Sun, 20th Sep 2020, 12:42pm our wipes come in a tub, just a thought but could you not take the wipes out (ours are easily removable) screw the tub to say a plank of wood and pop the wipes back in? We don't tend to use wipes much now just for the photocopier. We use a refillable spray bottle and blue paper towels in the classrooms.
Same here, I issue centrefeed paper towels and refillable spray bottle out to classrooms, printer station has a bucket of wipes by it.
seedfut
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 23 14:34

we have the multiple wipe collectors. Had to buy another 20 packs. Looking for something else in a cupboard 5 packs squirreled away. Quick go round anothe five retrieved. Now keep the store completely locked so they have to ask. It seems to be a teacher thing as worked in hospitalty for a teaching union conference centre and the amount of theft of everythin including pillows was massive.