Disinfecting a room using fogging or mist

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 17 12:47

Re: Disinfecting a room using fogging or mist

seedfut wrote: Tue, 17th Nov 2020, 10:37am we have one. its noisy, heavy, difficult to use and i think pointless. But it makes bm and ht happy. It uses bleach at a dose rate of .75mg/l solution. I started allt his back in may with peroxide in a sprayer watered down to 5% ish but it played havoc with nasal membranes-mine and my cleaners. The bleach isnt too bad, difficult to get a correct droplet size and as long as it smells "clean" we seem to get away with it. We do all surfaces, chairs toilets and hard toys.
Are you using this inside classrooms?
seedfut
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 20 17:50

yes, sorry its taken a few days as I have had/getting over covid.
We vented the rooms as it was always done before school opens- in at 6am.
seedfut
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 20 18:23

yes, sorry its taken a few days as I have had/getting over covid.
We vented the rooms as it was always done before school opens- in at 6am.
Rich1963
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 24 12:13

HandyAndy wrote: Mon, 9th Nov 2020, 4:58pm Can anyone recommend a chemical that I can use in a pressure sprayer that can be used on outdoor play equipment and doesn't need wiping off? Been looking online and cant really find what I am looking for but would make cleaning outside equipment much quicker!
Chemsan no rinse steriliser?
Richard
Redstrat
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 24 15:30

Boy oh boy am I glad I retired 6 years ago. I can't imagine how difficult a C.T.'s job has become with all this Covid stuff. Also the reports of browbeating by the B.M.s and C.O.s..........the job certainly has taken a turn for the worst, by the sound of it. I have been told school I worked in appears to have a constant stream of new caretakers "passing through" and 1 only stayed for a day. -JawDropped.png- Also they are on their 4th B.M.
There seems to be a total lack of respect from the top table. Be brave folks and stay safe (and get any complaints on email) and boot them home to keep a copy....Take cars