To rent or buy

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Timberman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 19 10:05

To rent or buy

Good morning, my carpet cleaner has now given up the ghost and it is now time to either buy new or rent one. Any advice/ experience as to which way to go would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
motorr
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 19 10:14

Re: To rent or buy

You could see if a local school has one you can use. I have hired a Rug doctor from B&Q before although they are not happy renting to schools and you can normal only rent for a day or two so you would have to plan which classrooms need doing and set a couple of days aside to do them. With budgets tight I have already but in for next years order with links and costs to the Head as they are talking about budgets now for next year.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 19 11:50

I guess a lot comes down to how often you're going to use it and how likely it is to survive longer than a rental period combined with wha tht erental agreement covers in terms of repairs, etc.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 19 15:39

We just went out and purchased a new one, most schools can afford a simple George combining hoover and carpet cleaner. -Wink.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 19 17:24

EBJ wrote: Tue, 19th Jan 2021, 3:39pm We just went out and purchased a new one, most schools can afford a simple George combining hoover and carpet cleaner. -Wink.png-
This is what I would do as well -Wink.png-
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Giant68
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 29 13:37

I bought a Rug Dr Pro a couple of years ago and so far I have had to replace the pump and the motor. And that is with, relatively, little use. I wouldn't recommend these if you are going to buy one.

Giant68