Termly H&S inspection

The board to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

mark1987
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 21 10:35

Termly H&S inspection

Hi all does anyone have a template they use for termly H&S inspections please
Go for it DONT hold back
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 08:59

Re: Termly H&S inspection

I dont have a template as such. There are some good templates on the HSE websites. I have one that I use every year for classroom Hand S checks. I suppose most people will do it differently? Some people have an area to inspect or others will do a full school. Others again may do classrooms corrridors and offices, hall and dining areas etc. Someone might have a template though?
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 09:28

Hi,

not sure if this is exactly what your after, but this is how we operate here and we haven't had any complaints from inspection teams, insurers etc. mainly acknowledgement of a good working system.

I have attached a copy of our schools health and safety committee agenda- this is a meeting that takes place termly (3 times a year) between the HT, external h and s consultant, 1x governor and myself as Site manager. the agenda rarely changes. the meeting allows the relevant people to share information regarding the schools h and s.

I have also attached a copy of an old Audit we had conducted by the external h and s consultant mentioned above. these are usually carried out twice a year here, but bare minimum- annually. i have removed the recommendations/notes that were specific for us, and i would suggest you dont accept this as gospel. the agenda would be open to modifying based on your schools needs

hope this at least provides a starting point
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff -Success.png-
mark1987
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 09:52

Thank you to both of you really appreciate it.
Go for it DONT hold back
motorr
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 22 10:05

If you are a LA school I would think you can get one from they website possible under H&S. i know that my LA HCC has them on there.
TheYap
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 26 07:38

Our SLT & Govenors are really anal about stuff!! I made this and it kept them quite. The checklist is used as a guide for "newbies", I also use an app on my phone called Site Audit Pro. You can take photos, add text then send it to yourself in PDF format. Its free to download, easy to use and would highly reccommend it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.