Appreciated?

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

tykeman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 08 16:04

Re: Appreciated?

Sorry but I would be asking where the funding has come from and could it have been better used elsewhere. It seems school can fund this type of thing, but don't have enough money for books, art paper and the odd tools for the site staff. -Confused.png-
Get out there and do it to them, before they do it to you
gadget300
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 08 18:28

Vera wrote: Thu, 8th Jul 2021, 8:07am I wold echo this..
I have been at a school where the site staff were told we could not use the staff room! -Angry.png-
More so there was a a site map in the staff room showing anyone new where all the departments are in the school, guess what? No site office marked on the map.. -Mad.png-

Being a slightly anarchistic type i carried on using the staff room when i wanted to (not often really) and the map got graffitied with the "wot no site office?" logo in the top right hand corner... -Big grin.png-
Nobody changed it and I was never challenged about staffroom use as the regular staff had no idea we had been banned, I for one would have made quite the scene if I was challenged and made sure other staff overheard the cries of inequality!

We were the other way round, we had our own hut which consisted of a small room with 2 sofas and the cctv system, along with an adjoining room which I built a small kitchen and our locker room, also had our key cutting machine and bits.
A few CO,s thought they would complain that we had our own staff room. So I made a point of clearing out some drains wearing waders etc and trudging into the general staff room, they got the point and we kept our little sanctuary.
RED ALERT.............

.....but Sir, that does mean changing the light bulb!
seedfut
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 09 10:46

tykeman wrote: Thu, 8th Jul 2021, 4:04pm Sorry but I would be asking where the funding has come from and could it have been better used elsewhere. It seems school can fund this type of thing, but don't have enough money for books, art paper and the odd tools for the site staff. -Confused.png-
Yes I also thought of this as I use my own tools so a decent drill and bits and peices wouldnt have come a miss. But different pot. High street vouchers would have been better but as the owners are spread from Italy, spain and Miami and have to fly in I guess they dont know what real life is (the pandamic stopped the "surprise visits")
The concensus is building that it is a waste of money.
Schoolbutler
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 11 09:33

I find it's always been the same ,on Friday morning boss turned up 5 minutes after me at 5am panicking we have got a out break of covid among staff so we have had to shut 7 put of 12 classes but mainly because 3 of staff worked in various bubbles ( we did voice our concerns at the time ) .
That meant I lost 2 cleaners who they have been using has helpers I also have a cleaner off poorly . So me and the cleaner cleaned the whole school even fogging the classrooms involved .Just has I was leaving I checked my emails to find 1 boss had sent personally thanking all teaching staff for their hard work today.I was so mad I emailed him and said would it not have been nice to thank the only cleaner in school ,who had worked 2 hours extra and done a damn good job and the cleaner by the way is 66 years old. He replied and said oh yes I forgot about her I will send a email out ,he did and put the wrong cleaners name on it . The cleaner who was in working saw it and told me she was handing her notice in on Monday has she felt he wasn't thankful
SB
Tools
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jul 2021 21 13:16

Myself and my assistant are included in everything. Not always been this way I just let them know that premises staff shouldn't be excluded that was in my first year in the job now on my 26th year and always included.
Wish I could understand Headteachers!