CO2 monitors

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 09:15

CO2 monitors

Has anyone else had theirs from the government yet?
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Oct 2021 14 09:22

Re: CO2 monitors

Nope, not yet. Last email from them with the attached excel spreadsheet our school wasn't listed.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 10:20

This'll be one of those BIG announcements from government without the slightest idea as to how to make it happen.. -Scared.png-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
NEITTech
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 10:29

We got ours a few weeks ago (first in line because we are SEN).

They're good in that it makes staff more aware of the rising CO2 leves and therefore the need for ventilation in their classrooms.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Oct 2021 14 10:58

No sign of them yet, I'm beginning to understand why some schools have bought them out of their budget instead of waiting for the government to deliver.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 12:11

NEITTech wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 10:29am We got ours a few weeks ago (first in line because we are SEN).

They're good in that it makes staff more aware of the rising CO2 leves and therefore the need for ventilation in their classrooms.
a few questions, if I may.

How are you using them?

Do you have enough one per room and if not how long are you leaving them in a room before moving it on?

Do you have it set with the alarm to go off or just let them visually see?
unkiefest
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 12:14

Yes received 2 boxes yesterday 150 in total. I have been told just put the boxes away dont put them up . I asked about them and was told you will know when you need too. -Gobsmacked.png-
nil satis nisi optimum -Like.png-
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 12:49

Nothing here yet. I'm not sure what happens when we get them? We put them up, and either all is well, in which case we didn't really need them, or they detect a problem despite us having windows open, which we then can't really do anything about, so there was no point in having them anyway. they aren't going to fund heating / mechanical ventilation for schools are they?
NEITTech
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 12:53

Nail wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 12:11pm a few questions, if I may.

How are you using them?

Do you have enough one per room and if not how long are you leaving them in a room before moving it on?

Do you have it set with the alarm to go off or just let them visually see?
They are plugged in at the most suitable as possible location within each classroom.

We don't quite have enough for 1 per classroom. I don't move them around, I kept one that I use with a power bank and go around getting readings from the classrooms without monitors.

The alarms are turned off at the factory. I try to go around every day and take a reading from each one, which I then record on a sheet. It helps to identify trends. If a room has consistently high readings then I see what actions can be taken. Quite often the teachers need to be reminded to open windows, though sometimes literally everything possible is being done.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Oct 2021 14 12:57

steveg wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 12:49pm Nothing here yet. I'm not sure what happens when we get them? We put them up, and either all is well, in which case we didn't really need them, or they detect a problem despite us having windows open, which we then can't really do anything about, so there was no point in having them anyway. they aren't going to fund heating / mechanical ventilation for schools are they?
Another government "initiative" and they can give their mates a contract to supply monitors and pretend they are doing something worthwhile -Crazy.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch