Table Trolley Lift

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 10:56

Table Trolley Lift

20211014_092024.jpg
Morning all. We have a trolley in our hall that moves the stacked tables (stacks of up to 6) for lunch. The trolley we use, I don't think will last much longer, as the bracket for one of the fixed wheels is slightly bent. The issue I have, is that this thing is as old as the hills, and I can't seem to find a replacement for it - or even what to call it!!

I've tried table trolley, table trolley lift, table lift, and nothing is even vaguely familiar. The closest I've found is something similar to a chair lift, but it doesn't really look safe enough. Anyway, here is a picture of our trolley. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 11:27

Re: Table Trolley Lift

Search Amazon for "scissor lift table trolley"
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 14:10

BigDug do these sorts of lifts. Not cheap though.
https://www.bigdug.co.uk/handling-lifti ... les-p20968
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.----------------------------------------
You reap what you sow!
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 14:44

At an old school we used to have a sack truck with removable frame at the right height to go under the table tops then just tilt and wheel.
You could get 5 or 6 tables stacked.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
BillNomis
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 15:54

There is the option of getting it repaired. Although well used the main part of the trolley looks in good serviceable condition. A local engineering works would be able to make any new parts needed and turn it out as good as new - and cheaper than a new replacement. Shop around locally a bit, someone might even 'do their bit for charity' and repair it for free!

Unless you're really after a new version?
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Proud to be retired
Oct 2021 14 16:27

Apologies for not really helping but we had one of those trollies plus the stackable tables, one of the legs on the trolley failed, we got it fixed but it was not as robust as before. As the tables were also worse for wear and on their last legs (pun intended) we went for Sico combined tables and stools.

The dinner ladies preferred them as they were easier to move and store away.

https://www.sicoinc.com/wp-content/uplo ... 20-PDF.pdf

I have no connection to the company Sico btw
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 16:29

This is similar to what we used to use.
This one is for chairs but adjustable arms.

https://www.ajproducts.co.uk/office-con ... 242-241240
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 14 16:39

Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 15 07:34

[/quote]
Keyolder wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 4:27pm Apologies for not really helping but we had one of those trollies plus the stackable tables, one of the legs on the trolley failed, we got it fixed but it was not as robust as before. As the tables were also worse for wear and on their last legs (pun intended) we went for Sico combined tables and stools.

The dinner ladies preferred them as they were easier to move and store away.

https://www.sicoinc.com/wp-content/uplo ... 20-PDF.pdf

I have no connection to the company Sico btw
I'd prefer them to be honest, the issue with them is that we can't seat as many children at them as we currently do, and the turnaround is already extremely tight for serving, eating, and clearing for the next group.

I think the last time I looked at those (similar) going by the measurements we also wouldn't be able to store many in the same spot we currently use, and space/storage is non existant here.
Vera wrote: Thu, 14th Oct 2021, 4:39pm https://www.e-quip4education.co.uk/acat ... 0201A.html

Here we go finally found it..
I didncome across something similar somewhere else, but wasn't sure how robust it looked. To be fair it was a terrible picture I saw that only showed it from the opposite angle to that picture.

How easy are they to use? How much tilt do you have to put on it to lift them? Bear in mind the kitchen staff already moan about having to put them out on the current trolley!

Thanks for all the advice guys/gals, it's definitely given me a few options to look at.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 15 08:02

Taz wrote: Fri, 15th Oct 2021, 7:34am
I'd prefer them to be honest, the issue with them is that we can't seat as many children at them as we currently do, and the turnaround is already extremely tight for serving, eating, and clearing for the next group.

I think the last time I looked at those (similar) going by the measurements we also wouldn't be able to store many in the same spot we currently use, and space/storage is non existant here.

I didncome across something similar somewhere else, but wasn't sure how robust it looked. To be fair it was a terrible picture I saw that only showed it from the opposite angle to that picture.

How easy are they to use? How much tilt do you have to put on it to lift them? Bear in mind the kitchen staff already moan about having to put them out on the current trolley!

Thanks for all the advice guys/gals, it's definitely given me a few options to look at.
[/quote]

They are easy to use just like a sack truck really. the tilt depends on how much you have on it but you just tilt to the balance pint and away you go.
You do need to be reasonably fit and able to use them as with any heavy object on a sack truck.