CO2 Monitors

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 25 15:21

Re: CO2 monitors

Nail wrote: Thu, 25th Nov 2021, 9:32am The guidance says:

"You should take action to improve ventilation where CO2 readings are consistently higher than 1500ppm. There is no
need to stop using the room."

Why arbitrarily decide the level should be 1000 instead? Why not 1010? Why not 900?
For me I would want to not reach poor air quality, but aim for something better so it never becomes an issue.

1500 is as arbitrary as 1000, but 1000 is better, being the highest outside CO2 levels expected.

When all is said and done, measuring co2 levels with cheap devices in small rooms and dubious placement has questionable merit. It's something that can be done however to at least get the gist of your air quality.
untyull
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 01 17:32

Re: CO2 Monitors

Good Afternoon everybody. Just joined, very interesting what you have put about the monitors. All my teachers have said please put them where the kids cant see them. (well something like that) so what is the point.
Dc1985
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 06 12:09

i have a load come in but again same as everyone the batteries dont seem to last more than a day and they dont come with a power supply only a usb and teachers have a number of things plugged into theres and the regs state they must be at head height not near a window and half a metere away from a person
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 06 14:36

Dc1985 wrote: Mon, 6th Dec 2021, 12:09pm i have a load come in but again same as everyone the batteries dont seem to last more than a day and they dont come with a power supply only a usb and teachers have a number of things plugged into theres and the regs state they must be at head height not near a window and half a metere away from a person
The batteries are only for holding settings and for the occasional unplug and move, they are not really supposed to run on batteries.
Use the USB lead and a power adaptor.
As for the recommendations use a bit of adaptation as lond as they are not near a window or on the ceiling or floor then they will still give a representative reading.

For the children not to see them, as long as the teacher can see them that is all that is needed, just use as a guide for general room ventilation.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-