CO2 Monitors

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Nov 2021 11 12:42

Re: CO2 Monitors

I was sent Reach SA1300P, a battery icon comes on when you first plug it in then disappears! I can see no way it has a backup battery, including taking it apart -Big grin.png- it says in instructions to calibrate put it in outdoor environment with backup battery!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
MrNeil78
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 11 12:52

Re: CO2 monitors

Hi one and all, we had our afue weeks ago, has got all the teachers panicking !! thinking that if they go over 1500 ppm they will diy!! i dont know how meay times i have told them just open your windows ..
Herbert
Nov 2021 12 10:43

I have the same problem with the monitors switching off. (Using the power usb cable isn't an option due to location of nearest plug/PC)
Tykethat1+
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 12 13:08

D.I.Burnside wrote: Thu, 11th Nov 2021, 8:30am Hi All,
Has anyone received their CO2 monitors yet. I got a box of CEM DT-326 monitors. The only problem is that they don't stay on for more than 24 hours. All new batteries but still turns off, which isn't much good. Anyone having the same problem ?
Yep same here, I wondered why they had all turned off the day after I’d fitted them.
Interestingly one of them I’d put in a classroom did activate a poor air alarm despite all the windows being open.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 12 14:34

Rexel delivered some CEM DT-326 alarms here. 15 for a 16 class school plus large nursery -Confused.png- -Confused.png-

Reluctant to use them as it’ll wind staff up even though ventilation is open plus doors, windows skylights etc.
Frankle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 13 18:33

Received ours last week, all installed in classrooms but to read them need to start them up again. Cannot see teaching staff taking any interest in them, apart from the temperature reading! So I do not think I will be taking any readings.
Jackice
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 14 07:34

Hi all, Have the same problem doesn't stay on with batteries or usb cable. I am going to try and see if its off, will the alarm sound and does it switch on the screen. Such a hassle to keep switching it on to take readings
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 15 07:31

If they lose power, I think they revert settings as well so needs the alarm function turning back on.

Crazy!
martthetemp
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 15 21:27

Hi, I'm new here having picked up a temp role at a local school.
I have been reading with interest the CO2 monitor thread.

The ones in my school turn off after sometimes a few hours, I reset them all today and changed batteries in a couple just to see what happens.

All were off when I checked and the teachers didn't appear to know much about them or to be honest care much either.

They are the cem dt-326

The company website is not helpful, nor the video to show set up.

I saw these mentioned on a thread here yesterday and it looks like a common thing.

Also being a newbie, what's this about recording the readings I've not been asked to do this, is there some mandate somewhere?

Thanks in advance
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 16 08:18

martthetemp wrote: Mon, 15th Nov 2021, 9:27pm Hi, I'm new here having picked up a temp role at a local school.
I have been reading with interest the CO2 monitor thread.

The ones in my school turn off after sometimes a few hours, I reset them all today and changed batteries in a couple just to see what happens.

All were off when I checked and the teachers didn't appear to know much about them or to be honest care much either.

They are the cem dt-326

The company website is not helpful, nor the video to show set up.

I saw these mentioned on a thread here yesterday and it looks like a common thing.

Also being a newbie, what's this about recording the readings I've not been asked to do this, is there some mandate somewhere?

Thanks in advance
I start them up in the morning when i come in, but they switch themselves off too. I have emailed the teachers how to turn them on, and to make sure they are on when the class is busy.
I do not record any readings, they are in class rooms, how am i supposed to do that? interrupt every class every hour?

I doubt any of them get turned back on during the day.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.----------------------------------------
You reap what you sow!