CO2 Monitors

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 16:43

Re: CO2 Monitors

BIGKEVPA wrote: Fri, 14th Jan 2022, 8:28am I have contacted the supplier for ours which was Raxel. They have told me that the CEM DT-326 need to be used with the USB cable. The batteries are just for back up. I told them that they still turn off and they are now sending some USB plugs which are the correct voltage to use F.O.C
That makes no sense, USB is an international standard 5 Volts, they are literally all the same apart from the current supplied.

That's the same model we are using. I now have around 30 odd AA batteries that are slightly used but they are still good for other uses, the only thing that keeps them on is to have absolutely fresh batteries and have them powered on with the USB plugged into a wall charger. I have many different wall chargers including apple and others and it makes no difference.

They are the biggest waste of money ever, no doubt a mate of a minister got a massive government contract without any checks on what would be supplied.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 14 16:57

You are lucky you have batteries, my model came without batteries and no way of using them [Gobsmacked.png]
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 17:33

Nigel wrote: Fri, 14th Jan 2022, 4:57pm You are lucky you have batteries, my model came without batteries and no way of using them [Gobsmacked.png]
I wish mine didn't.
They are backup batteries but still have the ability to shutdown the unit when plugged in... [Mad.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 14 19:00

Vera wrote: Fri, 14th Jan 2022, 4:43pm They are the biggest waste of money ever, no doubt a mate of a minister got a massive government contract without any checks on what would be supplied.
Agreed, although let's see what happens with the air purifiers where the government are insisting on 2 particular models for about £500/£1000 each (+ running costs + 6 monthly filter changes) - sounds like they could be an even bigger waste of money.
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 19:52

Is this the longest thread ever on The Caretakers Forum. 13 pages [Shock.png]
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
Richard M
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 16 09:37

Tried everything to keep these b...... things working. I thought it was a programming issue. I "saved" various options inckuding a 2 hour reading time but all failed. I've put them up with a 1200 alarm setting and told all teachers that they will alarm if the CO2 levels go too high.
Crazy scheme by a &*@$£+% government!

Worse still in our newest building with built in CO2 monitors the readings are wildly different [Wink.png] In fact when I set all 12 monitors up initially on the same bench the readings varied across a range of 350. Crazy.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 16 11:48

This whole scheme needs investigating and if necessary those responsible need calling to account. It is highly likely this fiasco is going to be another waste of resources and plundering of our taxes to line a small number of well connected pockets. Nothing new
DanCotton
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 16 17:11

Had them a while and the only time they're in the green is when the room is empty, kids come in and it's red all day, we bought a few air purifiers for rooms with no openable windows, purifier sitting 2 feet from the monitor, set on bacteria/virus mode, purifier on green but co2 monitor on red......hmmm that was a well spent £300, each!!!! We bought 4, glad it didn't come out of my budget
PAUL.C
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2022 17 08:39

DanCotton wrote: Sun, 16th Jan 2022, 5:11pm Had them a while and the only time they're in the green is when the room is empty, kids come in and it's red all day, we bought a few air purifiers for rooms with no openable windows, purifier sitting 2 feet from the monitor, set on bacteria/virus mode, purifier on green but co2 monitor on red......hmmm that was a well spent £300, each!!!! We bought 4, glad it didn't come out of my budget
This is on the HSE site.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) monitors are not suitable for use in areas that rely on air cleaning units. This is because filtration units remove contaminants (such as coronavirus) from the air but do not remove CO2.
Is it that TIME already
gaz6712
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 18 14:57

Yes got ours but not enough per class [Scared.png]
Take care and be Lucky

Gary

Chelsea FC