CO2 Monitors

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 14 16:54

Re: CO2 Monitors

Sharky wrote: Tue, 14th Dec 2021, 4:17pm we had 13 delivered. unless you we have them plugged in they only monitor for a short time and switch off. staff cant be bothered with them and im sure im not going round all day turning them on to check em! so done my bit and put them where i was told to. now they sit there and do nothing..... useless.
Change the AA batteries and make sure they are plugged in and switched on all the time. they will then stay on permanently.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
orob
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 14 18:41

My school has had the monitors for a few weeks now with one per classroom plus a couple more for offices etc. They are powered from the mains via a USB adapter. I have had no instructions about monitoring or recording data. I guess they are there so teaching staff can monitor during the school day.
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2021 15 10:26

Bilton wrote: Tue, 14th Dec 2021, 4:54pm Lucky enough to get all our USB only ones replaced with mains. Had two in my office for the past week and both have pretty much the same reading, which is quite encouraging. Will be putting them in classrooms when we break up and see the reaction next term. If you had originals from Rexel they are in the process of changing them as they had lots of complaints
That explains why ours were all replaced, they are supplied by Rexel.
gargoyle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 07 14:52

Can any one clarify that the Rexel Dt-326 co2 monitor will stay on whilst using the Usb cable and a (Usb plug i will have to purchase )

Placed them around site this week just using batteries supplied (reading forums folks are saying these are back up batteries ,although i cant see that info anywhere on instructions )

All monitors were off the following day so tried one with Usb cable supplied and a Usb plug of which i had for my phone.

Hours later message from teacher it had gone off again , I did leave the batteries in as well.
Now just read post it will stay on if batteries removed ?
Is this true ?

Phoned Rexel and line just goes dead

Please help cause ready for smashing them to bits [Angry.png]
Redone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2022 07 15:38

Hi. Yes i removed the batteries from ours and plunged them into a spare USB port on the side of the interactive TVs. And they stay on all the time the TV is on which is fine because they get turned on before the kids come in and get turned off after the kids leave.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 07 15:59

I will try the no batteries and plugged in approach but they seem to shutdown whenever the batteries are low even if plugged in so I can't see how removing them entirely will work.

The only way i have found to keep them on is to have fresh batteries in and the unit powered by the usb to a wall socket.
The battery threshold seems to be very high and will shutdown even if the batteries are fairly new but the room is cold overnight..
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 07 16:31

Plugged them all in, yes it appears they still turn themselves off. My view now is it is up to the CO's to turn them on if they are off. My issue was I moved one and the previous CO had set it to 1100ppm- the new class had all the windows shut and did a dance activity and it started alarming- then came the panic [Shock.png] [Shock.png] [Scared.png] . I just turned the alarm to off as I don't see the point of setting it low. I already know that calm days with internal and external temperatures being similar then air flow will be low so readings will be high- will expect this towards spring.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 07 17:49

Just tried to power with just the usb and no batteries in it shutdown within 20 minutes..

Seems the only way is to have good new batteries with the usb powered all the time and never switch them off..
DinoD
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 10 13:53

I removed all batteries and used the lead (annoying that it comes in the side) set each monitor to 500 with power on, all 14 working okay. Some alarms have come on the teacher turns it off opens windows to clear the room. Turns it on again and levels have come down.
They all seem to have got on with them.
BIGKEVPA
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2022 14 08:28

I have contacted the supplier for ours which was Raxel. They have told me that the CEM DT-326 need to be used with the USB cable. The batteries are just for back up. I told them that they still turn off and they are now sending some USB plugs which are the correct voltage to use F.O.C