Has anyone famous visited your school

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2024 04 12:26

Re: Has anyone famous visited your school

We had Myleene Klass last year.
Our year 6 leavers production was “I’m a year 6, get me out of here”.
She is apparently good friends with a year 6 child’s parents so they ask if she could come along as a surprise. She turned up in the full gear from when she was on I’m a celebrity, get me out of here..!
Dunroamin
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 04 13:39

Sparky wrote: 4th May 2024 at 12:26pm We had Myleene Klass last year.
Our year 6 leavers production was “I’m a year 6, get me out of here”.
She is apparently good friends with a year 6 child’s parents so they ask if she could come along as a surprise. She turned up in the full gear from when she was on I’m a celebrity, get me out of here..!
My bold bit - the shower bikini?? [JawDropped.png] [Shock.png] [Scared.png] [Happy.png]
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 04 14:42

Dunroamin wrote: 4th May 2024 at 1:39pm My bold bit - the shower bikini?? [JawDropped.png] [Shock.png] [Scared.png] [Happy.png]
🤣🤣 you joke but there were a few dads in the audience who make the exact same comment….
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 04 16:33

Prince William opening our new life skills room [Thumb_up.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
May 2024 04 18:47

Over the years we had Suzanne Dando the gymnast, Jack Straw the Home Secretary at the time who took the time to talk to me, Lord David Owen when the SDP were on the go in the 80s( still the best public speaker i have seen anywhere ), Peter Beardsley, Adi Adepitan the Paralympian, East 17 who despite their appearance were a great bunch of guys. I have also had 2 pupils become famous, Stephen Miller another Paralympian who went to 5 Paralympics and started at my school who employed person to be his helper, that helper became my wife. The other one is a guy called Dan Burn who now plays for Newcastle United
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Dunroamin
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 05 06:07

We have a parent who has appeared in a number of tv shows - just a normal down to earth bloke with no airs and graces. Off the top of my head, the secondary school I attended as a pupil produced a GB athlete (400m and 4x400m relay), and had a teacher who was an international rugby union referee
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
May 2024 05 13:46

No one at my current school that I can think of, at my last school the new building was opened by Princess Anne. I went to school with a guy who went on to play Rugby Union for England.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]
Elephantpaul63
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 05 23:58

Stretching the point a good few years ago we had the author Alan Dapré who wrote Brum and he brought the car with him the kids were amazed that the car drove itself, not taking any notice of the other man with a controller in his hand. Jacoline Wilson ( Tracey beaker author )came and read some of her new book at the time. And I don't think it counts Kevin Ball local lad turned professional footballer came into the school not for the kids but to see his sister my wife to ask if she new when their parents would be home so he could see them before going back to Sunderland ( kids didn't have a clue who he was but still wanted his autograph).
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 08:20

My old school had Alistair Cook visit to open a new block.
He was absolutely class. The Head made me cordon off a disabled parking bay right next to the school for him. He refused and parked in the back car park with everyone else.
Him and his missus were among the last to leave, chatted to everyone for ages.
Great guy.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 12:06

magpie wrote: 4th May 2024 at 6:47pm Over the years we had Suzanne Dando the gymnast, Jack Straw the Home Secretary at the time who took the time to talk to me, Lord David Owen when the SDP were on the go in the 80s( still the best public speaker i have seen anywhere ), Peter Beardsley, Adi Adepitan the Paralympian, East 17 who despite their appearance were a great bunch of guys. I have also had 2 pupils become famous, Stephen Miller another Paralympian who went to 5 Paralympics and started at my school who employed person to be his helper, that helper became my wife. The other one is a guy called Dan Burn who now plays for Newcastle United
Me and the Mrs nearly got mowed down by Adi in the local park. He was zooming along doing his training no excuse me or anything.