Friday evening joy.

New to our forum? This is the board to introduce yourself. Say hello to other members...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

unkiefest
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 23 17:28

Friday evening joy.

So its Friday evening and i just started to go round close windows etc ready to start locking up. Then my phone rings its the cleaning supervisor whats up i say. She says you best come look at this in the boys toilets. All the cubicle doors and partitions are all on the floor. The little darlings on the way home have decided to rip them all off.

So much for me getting out on time tonight and my weekend off. -Angry.png- -Angry.png- -Angry.png- -Angry.png-
nil satis nisi optimum -Like.png-
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 23 18:24

Re: Friday evening joy.

Getting a photo on your phone before you rehang the doors. One of those things the Head needs to know about on Monday morning.
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 23 18:38

Leave until Monday ,lock everything of & show the head
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Apr 2021 23 22:08

I agree, leave it until Monday. Take photos and let SMT see it in the morning. Otherwise it will go not dealt with.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 24 07:27

My first post in this job was as an assistant in a large comprehensive school, I was in my early 20’s and they put me in the 6th form wing. After a few days I understood why, the new boy always gets the rough job.
The senseless vandalism really opened my eyes -Shock.png- I couldn’t wait to move on and soon did.

I agree with all above, put the toilets out of action take pictures and show the SMT
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Schoolbutler
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 25 12:10

I always leave to show SLT any damage before I mend it ,mainly because I'm sure they think we make things up .The latest for me is some girl in year 4 has been standing on pipework under sinks in toilets causing them to leak or even spilt . This has happened around 5 times over last 2 year and last year during lockdown in march to July we got it down to 1 of 3 girls has we only had networkers kids in so it's only a matter of time .My main problem is our deputy head he sort of laughs or dismisses damage we have a very troubled boy who is very naughty / violent and causes damage big time .the deputy head told his dad 1 day he had had a really good day .what he didn't tell him was he had thrown 6 pots of paint all over year group shared area and had tried to strangle a T A that's the sort of thing I'm up against the deputy head even had nerve to laugh when me and cleaner for the area was on our hands and knees scrubbing Arley to try and get it clean ,I won't repeat what I said to him

SB .
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2021 26 08:10

Schoolbutler wrote: Sun, 25th Apr 2021, 12:10pm I always leave to show SLT any damage before I mend it ,mainly because I'm sure they think we make things up .The latest for me is some girl in year 4 has been standing on pipework under sinks in toilets causing them to leak or even spilt . This has happened around 5 times over last 2 year and last year during lockdown in march to July we got it down to 1 of 3 girls has we only had networkers kids in so it's only a matter of time .My main problem is our deputy head he sort of laughs or dismisses damage we have a very troubled boy who is very naughty / violent and causes damage big time .the deputy head told his dad 1 day he had had a really good day .what he didn't tell him was he had thrown 6 pots of paint all over year group shared area and had tried to strangle a T A that's the sort of thing I'm up against the deputy head even had nerve to laugh when me and cleaner for the area was on our hands and knees scrubbing Arley to try and get it clean ,I won't repeat what I said to him

SB .
To be honest that is very poor management. Does your school have a whistle blower policy?

That really should be reported.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-