Wow, a hard hitting video that makes you think

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 29 13:21

Wow, a hard hitting video that makes you think

I came across this video today which was made 2 days ago. It might not be what people want to hear about the environment. And although the video is car orientated, it shows how for years governments and big companies have put profit before the environment and we may have gone past the tipping point when anything we do is now too late.

Is it anti Trump propaganda? it's certainly well timed with regards to the US election, but she is only telling us the truth and her view. What she has to say really makes you think (or should). It is about 20 minutes long, but stick it out.

fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)
rich76
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 29 21:40

Re: Wow, a hard hitting video that makes you think

David Attenborough's latest A life on our planet hit me hard. Seeing what the human race has done in such a short space of time all for profit actually for the first time in close to 30 years brought a tear to my eye. Truly shocking.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 29 22:59

rich76 wrote: Thu, 29th Oct 2020, 9:40pm David Attenborough's latest A life on our planet hit me hard. Seeing what the human race has done in such a short space of time all for profit actually for the first time in close to 30 years brought a tear to my eye. Truly shocking.
I also watched the David Attenborough program and it really opened my eyes -Shock.png-

Agreed the above YouTube video is hard hitting, however I did know "Big Oil" subsidised car manufacturers.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 30 00:02

Keyolder wrote: Thu, 29th Oct 2020, 10:59pm I also watched the David Attenborough program and it really opened my eyes -Shock.png-

Agreed the above YouTube video is hard hitting, however I did know "Big Oil" subsidised car manufacturers.
Yes, I also saw the Attenborough programme and it made me feel ashamed to be human.

As for Big Oil, I am sure they were involved with GM & Toyota when they recalled and crushed all their EV cars in the US back in the late 1990's (EV1 and RAV4).

Not that anybody has found any evidence that GM or Toyota were paid any money to rid the streets of EVs, but it may have a lot to do with why Toyota still don't have any full electric cars today (apart from some made and sold in China).

2 great cars that customers fell in love with... Almost every one taken back from customers and crushed. This film is worth a watch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Kille ... ric_Car%3F

EDIT: Full movie can be watched on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/25450071

1280px-Toyota_RAV4_EV_with_badge_WAS_2012_0791_copy.jpg

EV1A014_(1)_cropped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 05 15:22

Its crazy really, that we are now at a point where for this world we will have to metaphorically use surgery to save our planet, where just a few decades ago, we would only have had to take preventative measures to keep Earth in a healthy state, both for the human and the natural world.

Stupid bipeds.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower