Renewable energy

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 15 14:27

Renewable energy

Saw an Ad the other day that got me thinking,
E-on say all their power comes from 100% renewable sources, so if you buy from them you are only using "green" electricity.
Do they fit some kind of filter to your meter only allowing their electricity through and blocking all that nasty fossil fuel burning/nuclear waste producing energy?
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 15 15:15

Re: Renewable energy

No they buy only green energy, the energy you are supplied with might not be green but by going with them you make sure they are only using green energy, if that makes sense!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 15 15:19

I`m with Bulb 100% renewable, according to their chart E.ON is 61% ?
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 15 17:34

I think EON offer customers 100% renewable if they want it, for no extra charge. They also sell non renewable energy.

The renewable energy used is then reconciled against the renewable energy available so you, the customer pay for renewable energy. EON or anyone else can always buy more renewable energy to sell on if it gets popular.
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 16 08:07

Sorry should of put a -Wink.png- at the end of post.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.