Caretakers with Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health and fitness to work issues...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 2020 13 21:43

Caretakers with Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Have any caretakers that we know gone down with coronavirus?

Do you feel at risk?

fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)

twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 07:54

Re: Caretakers with Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not yet- but who's bubble are we in? I go to every area sometimes 10 or 15 times a day- and no I do not wash my hands every 30 seconds. Simply impossible to have separate bubbles in a primary school.
The Big K
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 09:16

I was selected to take part (NHS) in both weekly testing and have an antibodies test. Both of which were negative.

I've had a common cold for a week or so, not one of the symptoms of covid though. Temperature, taste, cough all fine. It seems in some people minds that any illness is now covid. Which it isn't, the common cold and flu are still present regardless.
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Sep 2020 14 10:29

Had a test on the 6th Sept as part of the ONS survey.
Came back negative.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 11:06

Other than a couple of parents that had confirmed cases early on during lockdown, I don't know of anybody personally that has had it (well confirmed anyway). My sister knows someone that died as a result of it, but other than that..

My wife, and a reception teacher were both very unwell around ------ The seasonal word only permitted in December -----, but that at the time was presumed flu, although symptoms they had fit with the criteria of Covid. Also our SENCO was very ill just before lockdown, and again the symptoms were in line with covid. At the time you couldn't get tests..... That's 3 possible cases at our school, but we don't know.

As for feeling safe - the closest parents get to the school is at the front door. They're not allowed in the building, and all contact with teachers needs to be email or phone calls. We're operating a drop off conveyor belt system, and classes are taken in and dismissed at allotted times before and after school.

The schools never been cleaner, and by and large the staff are cleaning up after themselves.....for now!!

I go around cleaning all loos, sinks, gel stations and handles (although doors wedged open to allow air flow), around 930. A cleaner comes in at 11 to do it again before lunch, and then after (she is also an MDA). Everything gets cleaned down properly at the end of the day ready to go again.

Children have coats and bags currently with them in class, and their trays are being kept with them under the tables. End of the day, everything goes in the tray and on the table so the cleaners can wipe all tables chairs, and hoover properly.

We can't do much more.
Drillbit
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 11:36

twiglets wrote: Mon, 14th Sep 2020, 7:54am Not yet- but who's bubble are we in? I go to every area sometimes 10 or 15 times a day- and no I do not wash my hands every 30 seconds. Simply impossible to have separate bubbles in a primary school.
We haven't had any staff or parents with it yet, but you're right where do we stand in terms of bubbles? If i need to go into a classroom they either evacuate the room or wait till the end of the day.
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 12:52

Drillbit wrote: Mon, 14th Sep 2020, 11:36am We haven't had any staff or parents with it yet, but you're right where do we stand in terms of bubbles? If i need to go into a classroom they either evacuate the room or wait till the end of the day.
Same. I go into the classrooms that have toilets in them - straight in and straight out. Anything else either gets done when the room is empty, or they have to go outside.

My wife's 28 weeks pregnant (and a teacher in my school) so I'm not taking any extra risks, and I don't care if "children aren't affected by it".
PAUL.C
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 14:52

I had a test on 16/09/20 which was negative for my holiday to Cyprus.
Is it that TIME already
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 15:15

PAUL.C wrote: Mon, 14th Sep 2020, 2:52pm I had a test on 16/09/20 which was negative for my holiday to Cyprus.
You had a test in 2 days time?
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Sep 2020 14 15:52

My Son-in-Law had it quit early on in March, lives in Charlton.
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 14 17:04

A repeat of alot of whats already been said really. No parents on site. staggered start and finish times. I do not patrol the gates now. i do not go into classrooms while children are present. if this place is cleaned anymore it will be rubbed away... AND.... teachers and staff actually are doing their bit. Although i have been in school the entire time, seemingly relaxed and calm, i have found that it has effected me mentally. somewhat of a recluse now, which isnt me.. but i do really think i had it of that time in December. was ill in bed with raging temp sore throat and a cough.
"Can you just?....."