Covid Updates

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health and fitness to work issues...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Hickster10
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 12 14:21

Re: Covid Updates

Good afternoon all. Has anyone completed an individual risk assessment for clinically vulnerable staff? I appreciate the are all ‘individual’ as the title suggests but I can’t find anything online and my caretaking support officer, let’s not go there! If anyone has one they could share to give me a starting point, obviously ensuring it’s adequately redacted to avoid GDPR issues I would be very grateful and you may even receive a crate of beer for your trouble
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2021 12 16:23

Welcome aboard. I'm sure one of our members will be able to help you out shortly. -Thumb_up-

fa-quote-left Vérité Sans Peur fa-quote-right
(Truth Without Fear)
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 12 17:04

Hello Hickster10, That's quite a task you have been asked to do....... I would be asking is that really for YOU to complete. Normally this would be done by the HT, BM, HR etc etc as they will hold all the personal information on that member of staff as to why they are vulnerable and should they even be in school ???
Apologies if i'm wrong, its just do YOU know this information? does that member of staff want you to know? Ask more questions first, that's where I would start.
Good luck.
Hickster10
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 12 17:59

Sparky many thanks for your thoughts
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2021 13 09:07

I have worked in both an academy and local authority schools. If there was somebody who had a recently diagnosed condition, or was returning from illness, we would refer them to Occupational Health who would establish the boundaries of what they could or could not do. They had medical expertise and applied it to the workplace. I would have thought it would be logical for them them to now look at vulnerable staff given the Covid epidemic. I wonder if your school has access to such a service.