Astrazenica

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Buffer
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 22 14:21

Re: Astrazenica

I had mine a week ago took two Paracetamol before going was fine all day had a horrible night feeling hot and cold.The next morning after some water and two more paracetamol felt fine within an hour or two. My wife only had a sore arm for a few days and nothing else.
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 22 15:28

Both me and the wife had Astrazenica jabs, wife was totally wiped out the following day, I felt really tired and went to bed for a couple of hours. Felt like I was a bit hungover for the rest of the day.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mar 2021 22 15:38

I had absolutely no problems with the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, my first dose was about 6 weeks ago, I have the flu jab every year, and the discomfort in the arm afterwards wth the Astra jab is practically nothing compared to the several days not being able to lay on the arm for several nights, everyone I know has had no problems at all with the Zenica, but it`s better a little discomfort than those friends I had and have lost their lives over the last year with Covid 19.
The Mrs has now had her 2 Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and absolutely no problems whatsoever.
nicko
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 22 18:43

Had mine Saturday 7 pm Sunday night felt realy rough head ache whole body aches tired and feeling sick today monday feel the same hope to feel better
Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 23 11:11

I had the AstroZenica jab some time in Feb. Felt fine. No issues at all -Like.png-
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 24 08:39

I had mild shivers/headache and some fatigue following my jab.

I don't know anyone who hasn't felt tired after the jab and more than half felt some sort of cold or flu symptom.

There is a nocebo effect, the opposite of the placebo effect which creates symptoms where there would otherwise be none for example, especially when you reminded by the arm soreness for a few days.

I wonder how many of us have symptoms because that's our expectation.
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 24 09:19

AndyCornwall wrote: Wed, 24th Mar 2021, 8:39am I had mild shivers/headache and some fatigue following my jab.

I don't know anyone who hasn't felt tired after the jab and more than half felt some sort of cold or flu symptom.

There is a nocebo effect, the opposite of the placebo effect which creates symptoms where there would otherwise be none for example, especially when you reminded by the arm soreness for a few days.

I wonder how many of us have symptoms because that's our expectation.
I had not really heard about the side effects when I had my jab. My wife, who had hers at the same time, got cold at approx the same time. We had to change the bed sheets after both being feverish in our sleep. During the night I experienced a 20 second spell of my body shaking violently. There may be an expectation of side effects for some but the effects are very pronounced rather than being mild ones that could be imagined.
londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 24 14:27

I had the Oxford one about 3 weeks ago, luckily on a Friday, woke up the next day feeling very cold inside and whole body aching.
It's nothing to worry about I don't think, All it is, is your body reacting to the vaccine that's all. Most cases 24hrs later all good.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Mar 2021 24 18:18

Don`t worry everyone, soon we will not have any vaccine if the EU have their way.
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 24 21:15

Had the Oxford AZ at Boots a couple of days ago, no problem whatsoever, not even a sore arm? -Like.png-
Cliff_Promise
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 25 07:14

Booked in for my second vaccine next week -Thumb_up-