Official NHS Track and Trace App

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 14 09:14

Re: Official NHS Track and Trace App

The app is only as useful as the owner of the phone or device.
its down to the user to be honest and input test results into the app. It can also be switched off so someone may have it and walk amongst you and be still spreading it.
As its not compulsory and totally down to the user its almost useless. I have it and i am genuine with it, but if im honest only because ive been asked to have it to lead by example to other staff. I cant ask my staff to have it if im not willing. But i know one member downloaded it then blocks its use.
"Can you just?....."
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 14 09:30

jholden wrote: Tue, 29th Sep 2020, 1:30pm As you seem to doubt what I said my post, here's a screen shot of my phone, and it's actually gone up to 72%!!!!!

phone.png
That shows what percentage a certain app or software is using your phone battery that is correct. Inevitably, it is going to use battery. but this only shows at what percentage against other apps and software. It has not used 72% of you battery only total used percentage. so if you happened to use google maps and made a few phone calls then the percentage would be lower. vice versa. if the only thing to run on your phone was T&T then it would say 100% which it wont as software also is included..
the app on my phone is only 4% of use as i use different apps all day long. and make alot of calls etc on it.
"Can you just?....."
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 14 12:04

Sharky wrote: Wed, 14th Oct 2020, 9:14am The app is only as useful as the owner of the phone or device.
its down to the user to be honest and input test results into the app. It can also be switched off so someone may have it and walk amongst you and be still spreading it.
I thought the same as you, as with everything user digression is required and yes easy to not input results or just turn it off so not really failsafe.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 14 12:38

So I went into Nero`s at 10:15 on saturday "have you scanned your phone?" "no I don`t have app" "can you write down phone number and name"
"sure" So an hour later after I have left a covid positive person arrives, scans app and I get told to isolate!!!!!! -Shock.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 14 12:47

Nigel wrote: Wed, 14th Oct 2020, 12:38pm So I went into Nero`s at 10:15 on saturday "have you scanned your phone?" "no I don`t have app" "can you write down phone number and name"
"sure" So an hour later after I have left a covid positive person arrives, scans app and I get told to isolate!!!!!! -Shock.png-
That is some delayed reaction -Wink.png-
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 14 12:51

Didn`t get a contact but I could, unless you sign in AND out it won`t work!
The Big K
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 15 08:14

I used it at the barbers for the first time. it's fatally flawed already.

Checked in with a QR code as I was asked to. Only then did I realise it kept me checked in until midnight? WHY? i didn't go anywhere else barring home. couldn't log out. So anyone that day tests positive, I have to isolate. Yet I was first in the barbers and left with no one else there. I should've been able to log out when I left.

I've disabled the app for now, it's broken and not fit for purpose, well in my opinion
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 15 11:24

The Big K wrote: Thu, 15th Oct 2020, 8:14am I used it at the barbers for the first time. it's fatally flawed already.

Checked in with a QR code as I was asked to. Only then did I realise it kept me checked in until midnight? WHY? i didn't go anywhere else barring home. couldn't log out. So anyone that day tests positive, I have to isolate. Yet I was first in the barbers and left with no one else there. I should've been able to log out when I left.

I've disabled the app for now, it's broken and not fit for purpose, well in my opinion
-Like.png-
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 15 11:50

The Big K wrote: Thu, 15th Oct 2020, 8:14am I used it at the barbers for the first time. it's fatally flawed already.

I think this has been sorted in the recent update, not sure though as I haven't scanned in anywhere since updating my app.
Swatch
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 03 15:48

It doesn't work like that, never did. So you check in to the barber at say 9am and leave at 10am. Someone positive checks in at 11am and leaves at 12 noon. Your device have never been in contact with the positive persons device so no alert. Had you both been in there, within a couple of meters for a period of time (i.e. the 2 devices correlate) the alert could and likely would be issued. Just because you're not logged out doesn't mean you're in, the 2 devices have to have been in proximity for a period of time.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 03 16:49

Swatch wrote: Tue, 3rd Nov 2020, 3:48pm It doesn't work like that, never did. So you check in to the barber at say 9am and leave at 10am. Someone positive checks in at 11am and leaves at 12 noon. Your device have never been in contact with the positive persons device so no alert. Had you both been in there, within a couple of meters for a period of time (i.e. the 2 devices correlate) the alert could and likely would be issued. Just because you're not logged out doesn't mean you're in, the 2 devices have to have been in proximity for a period of time.
In that case if you don`t have the App what`s the point of leaving your name and phone number? by the way this is only Nero`s that ask for it -Hah.png-
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 03 20:36

In most cases those that ask you to leave your contact details such as my barbers have no QR code.
If the business finds out a positive case has entered they are able to contact you directly with that information. It then give you the opportunity to be aware or test if necessary.
Really it’s a great responsible step from small independent businesses to protect the local community.
What you personally choose to do if you are called is your own moral dilemma.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 04 08:10

Jeez really! Too many people are obsessed with phones or technology of any sort. I'm glad I'm old enough to know I don't need the latest game/app/tablet/satnav. Whatever.
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 04 09:53

I have Removed the app. nonsense! not fit for purpose. Far to many variables and only a minute percentage of the population actually have it. its just not workable.
"Can you just?....."