There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 30 15:15

There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour

I just watched this on the BBC news. And people wonder why this virus is increasing like it is. The footage shows crowds chanting in Nottingham city centre last night, ahead of the city going into tier three restrictions. Absolutely crazy behaviour that puts the public & police at risk.

BBC News link

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 30 15:40

Re: There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour

Sadly too many people are too selfish or stupid.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 30 19:40

A SAGE scientist has said that the infection of C!9 is now progressing faster than the worst case scenarios allowed for. A 2 week "circuit breaker" national lockdown will now not be enough to put the brakes on the virus & we need a longer national lock down if any sort of festive season is to be salvaged. I fear that there is now a real danger that the NHS could be over run this winter. The worst scenario that the SAGE scientist referred to factors in a further 85000 deaths before the spring.
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 30 21:12

My area is due to enter Tier 3 at 0.01 on Monday, I imagine that there will be many out celebrating in large groups right up until the last minute, overloading the emergency services at a time when we need to do all we can to protect them, and ourselves.

After two months and several attempts to get a Flu Jab, no stocks a week before one appointment, no stocks an hour after booking another, got a text this morning advising that some appointments were available at my local practice, by the time I powered up my computer and found the list of appointments, just ONE was left, crack of dawn tomorrow morning, here's hoping that it goes smoothly, and actually goes ahead!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 31 12:19

Looks like a national lock down could be announced next week
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 31 12:49

Far to many COVIDIOTS out there in STUPID land, because they cannot see it they ignore it, if it was a guy with an AK7 they would rush indoors and saty there. -Angry.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 31 12:57

Drone wrote: Sat, 31st Oct 2020, 12:19pm Looks like a national lock down could be announced next week
My wife just went out to do the weekly shopping. They have got queues all around Tesco. People are panic buying again. So looks like that announcement has caused mass panic.

I am getting a bit sick of the way people behave in all aspects of this virus but that might be signs of me getting somewhat depressed with it all. It just seems to go on and on. Sick of the daily sob stories they add to the end of news items too. Sick of all the charity adverts using the virus to get more money out of everyone. Sick of all the repeats. Sick of the attitude of young people who don't seem to give a hoot. Sick, sick, sick of it -Angry.png-

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 31 14:36

thecaretaker wrote: Sat, 31st Oct 2020, 12:57pm I am getting a bit sick of the way people behave in all aspects of this virus but that might be signs of me getting somewhat depressed with it all. It just seems to go on and on. Sick of the daily sob stories they add to the end of news items too. Sick of all the charity adverts using the virus to get more money out of everyone. Sick of all the repeats. Sick of the attitude of young people who don't seem to give a hoot. Sick, sick, sick of it -Angry.png-
I don't watch the tv news any more, too much depressing news articles on it, too many "Look at our young people acting like they are immune, and #### the older generation" attitudes. As for the adverts for charities as well, my goodness, £3 for cats, £3 for mutts, £3 for WWF, £3 for Save the Tiger, £3 for Save the Snow Leopard, £3 for Save the Panda, £3 for Save the Whales and then, of course, there are all the human support charities, how much money do they think people have to give away in a time of a Global Pandemic! And they want your money EVERY month.
-Angry.png-
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 31 15:08

greenjack wrote: Fri, 30th Oct 2020, 3:40pm Sadly too many people are too selfish or stupid.
Agreed, more to be pitied than scolded -Disappointment.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 31 17:31

My concern if/when it's announced that schools will remain open, is that the parents will just use the school drop off/collection is a bit of a get together, which will end up in arguments and extra measures being put into place.

Some parents will end up keeping kids off school I think as well, regardless of whether they get fined or not.

Edit: Also why was some sort of lockdown put into place on top of this half term break!?
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 31 20:00

Our parents are already starting to get back their old habits of gathering on the playground and nattering, ive started locking gates regardless now, its their own fault if they have to walk the long way round
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 2020 31 21:21

Dragonrider wrote: Fri, 30th Oct 2020, 9:12pm My area is due to enter Tier 3 at 0.01 on Monday, I imagine that there will be many out celebrating in large groups right up until the last minute, overloading the emergency services at a time when we need to do all we can to protect them, and ourselves.
Tier 3 not now happening, rather a National Lockdown for at least a month from Thursday. Must call at the butchers on Monday and grab my usual 10 pack of Chicken breasts to put me on for the next ten weeks of Sunday lunches.

Local council leaders are showing more sense than central Government, in that they are advising that people should act as it Tier 3/National Lockdown is already active and stay home, keep distances and wear masks in shops, as well as washing hands even more regularly.