Vaccine

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 14:44

Vaccine

Breaking News: The Vaccine is 90% effect and could be rolled out this December to front line workers (NHS).
I have personally seen first hand what covid has done and what it can do and it is not a pretty sight,

Alot of people who I have spoken to have said they will not be taking that Vaccine or any other near future one. what are your thought on taking it, I myself will be taking it when it is made available to me.
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 14:51

Re: Vaccine

I am not a great one for taking vaccines, avoided the flu jab for 40 years as it made me ill then, this year I had the jab and fine!
Yes I will take the vaccine and hope it doesn`t kill me -Scared.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 15:12

I thought immunity didn't last if you've had it - what makes a vaccine different?
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 16:57

I think you are partly right. A vaccine will not make Covid go away any more than the flu jab eradicates flu. It is likely that we will all have to have annual Covid shot, as we are advised to with the flu vaccine.
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 17:00

And it'll mutate every year and need a new vaccine as in the flu situation.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 17:16

I cannot understand for the life of me, why some people are planning to refuse the vaccine without medical or religious reasons for doing so. Equally, I am baffled by the people who protest against lock downs. Have they got a better idea for bringing the virus under control? Or are they just medical flat earthers who cannot believe that there is anything wrong at all?
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 17:41

Drone wrote: Mon, 9th Nov 2020, 5:16pm I cannot understand for the life of me, why some people are planning to refuse the vaccine without medical or religious reasons for doing so. Equally, I am baffled by the people who protest against lock downs. Have they got a better idea for bringing the virus under control? Or are they just medical flat earthers who cannot believe that there is anything wrong at all?
I agree, the gov has no other option in these circumstances. Also, its very real and deadly to everyone who has any kind of underlying condition and it doesnt have to be extensive either.

But they could have taken a different path last July by protecting the vulnerable and letting every one else go back to comparitive normal with caveats ie masks, cleaning regimes and as much distancing as is sensible. Its a bit all or nothing atm, like an atomic pill, but we'll get our lives back at some point if we stick with it and be patient.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nov 2020 10 10:22

I heard last night it isn't just one jab, you will have to go for a second or possibly third backup jab for it to become effective. That will keep the practice nurse busy.

As with the Danish Mink they are about to slaughter, this will easily mutate and we will be back square one.

And they have never found a cure for the common cold...

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
chazwick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 10 12:58

My son, an NHS pharmacist, tells me that it is a live vaccine. This means that people with a reduced immune system cannot have it.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 10 14:27

Let's hope the system for vaccination is better organized than the expensive and underperforming track and trace .