Covid 19 break through

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 14:45

Covid 19 break through

Apparently in the USA in conjunction with a German company a covid 19 vaccination has tested as 90% affective at stage 3 and now has to be approved for general use, it is a two stage injection and the volunteers who it was tested on were OK some 28 days later, sorry it is all a bit sketchy as the news has only just been given out but if it is true it is what the whole world has been waiting for. -Success.png- -Thumb_up- -Big grin.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 15:32

Re: Covid 19 break through

It'll be a good 6 months before enough people are vaccinated to make a difference.

I won't be holding my breath...
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 20:12

I have also been hearing about this on and off all day on the news. As per Vera’s post I imagine most of the world will be waiting with bated breath....
We can only hope for the best and plan for the worst.
Personally whatever the outcome, moving forward this shows when some of the greatest scientific and medical minds come together across worldwide borders it give a little hope on what can be achieved when we work together for these advances.
This can only be a good thing right....
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 20:20

Sparky wrote: Mon, 9th Nov 2020, 8:12pm I have also been hearing about this on and off all day on the news. As per Vera’s post I imagine most of the world will be waiting with bated breath....
We can only hope for the best and plan for the worst.
Personally whatever the outcome, moving forward this shows when some of the greatest scientific and medical minds come together across worldwide borders it give a little hope on what can be achieved when we work together for these advances.
This can only be a good thing right....
Quite agree with you Sparky working together always works in situations like this unfortunately the anti covidiots will want to be first in the line, NHS workers first then all the key workers and the OAP's with every one else standing waiting there turn, oh and drug pushers are last in the line. -Wink.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 21:29

Agree EBJ, the deniers across the world will I’m sure be cap in hand at some point like a scene from Oliver, “Please Sir......”
Those NHS superstars who have quite simply put themselves in harms way to save lives should without question be first in line followed by all emergency services and key workers.
As said on another similar threat, around the same subject on here this is not a cure, but prevention which will need to be adapted year on year.
This is the key point, it’s not going away any time soon. But as a father to a 3 year old it ever so slightly puts my mind at rest we are making positive progress.
Of course unfortunately we will always have the conspiracy theorists pushing their point of view on COVID and vaccination but hey, crack on I say ! Each to their own. It’s probably got something to do with us being on a flat earth..... -Scared.png- -Big grin.png-
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 09 22:26

EBJ wrote: Mon, 9th Nov 2020, 2:45pm Apparently in the USA in conjunction with a German company a covid 19 vaccination has tested as 90% affective at stage 3 and now has to be approved for general use, it is a two stage injection and the volunteers who it was tested on were OK some 28 days later, sorry it is all a bit sketchy as the news has only just been given out but if it is true it is what the whole world has been waiting for.
Yeah, there was a film about that.....didn't end too well -Big grin.png-

In all seriousness though, it's encouraging news about these vaccines, although we also need to bear in mind that nothing is signed off nor is it going to be rolled out on a huge scale at first. The most vulnerable quite rightly should be given priority, although the naysayers who are calling it a scam device, will probably be the first to try and con their way to the front of the queue!!
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 10 07:38

Taz wrote: Mon, 9th Nov 2020, 10:26pm Yeah, there was a film about that.....didn't end too well -Big grin.png-

In all seriousness though, it's encouraging news about these vaccines, although we also need to bear in mind that nothing is signed off nor is it going to be rolled out on a huge scale at first. The most vulnerable quite rightly should be given priority, although the naysayers who are calling it a scam device, will probably be the first to try and con their way to the front of the queue!!
Front of the queue or back of the queue, it makes no difference. all will have to have it at some point to get to meaningful levels of protection for the whole population as will all countries as this is a global pandemic.
Although if I had a choice politicians would be down the list.. -Thumb_up-
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-