Been advised to get tested!

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 08 10:39

Been advised to get tested!

Got an invitation to attend a scan for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm this morning, thankfully at my local cottage hospital. As it was non-invasive, pain-free and at my local hospital, I agreed to go for it. I think I had it done whilst I was in the hospital six years ago and nothing was said.
Got there, was taken into the scanning room and had my temp tested.
The two nurses took a step back. Tried again, and again. Apparently, the reading kept going up each time.

I was asked to leave, scan cancelled and advised to get a COVID-19 test sent and return it asap. Also, to avoid contact with others.

Like I haven't been doing just that since March this year! One of the nurses then said if you've picked up a tin in a supermarket that someone with symptoms has touched, you CAN catch it from that!
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 08 10:55

Re: Been advised to get tested!

Thank god For the NHs put your feet up that's you done till next year .hope you are all good
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 08 11:03

I'm off yet again today because my wife has symptoms (cough, temperature and change in smell) and has had to get tested. Another two of the teachers at her school tested positive.
Crazy that they were told two members of staff tested positive, but not told who. It was only when she joked about it being a member of staff she had shared a room with a couple of days previous that she was told it actually was him.

When I phoned my HT to tell her last night, I was still expected to go in that evening to lock up, because "no-one will be there". Which must make all the fuss about sanitising surfaces, keeping doors open and washing hands null and void.....

I had to do a test for the IPL study a couple of weeks ago... wasn't pleasant...at all. I'd advise you not to eat beforehand. It will make you gag.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 08 11:11

Take care DR hopefully they were being over cautious and you are fine.
I've heard about the cross contamination from food packaging, I'm a bit of a sado as I wipe down all the groceries at home with an anti-bacterial soaked kitchen cloth, then wash my hands before putting it away.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 08 11:25

JonOfham wrote: Tue, 8th Dec 2020, 11:03am
I had to do a test for the IPL study a couple of weeks ago... wasn't pleasant...at all. I'd advise you not to eat beforehand. It will make you gag.
Obviously I meant the ICL....doing a test for the Indian Premier League might seem strange.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dec 2020 08 11:46

Take care DR, probably just a cold
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 09 10:39

Test arrived this morning, via Amazon!

Honestly, I don't think I have caught it. I think it's a combination of factors and the nurses were just protecting themselves and the health of patients due in after me.

It was a cold morning, I had walked from home, and not strolled up, it was warm in the hospital, I was IN a HOSPITAL, I was behind a face shield, I was in a room with two young nurses, I was in a Hospital, I was due for a scan that could show a fatal aneurysm, apparently these forehead scanners are not that accurate, and I WAS IN A HOSPITAL.

But I shall remain isolated as one is supposed to do so when you are suspected of being a carrier and await the results of the test, hopefully by the weekend.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dec 2020 09 10:48

Did they pack you off straight away, or did they give you time in a separate room to `Cool Down` after walking to the Hospital ?
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 09 11:06

Dragonrider wrote: Wed, 9th Dec 2020, 10:39am Test arrived this morning, via Amazon!

Honestly, I don't think I have caught it. I think it's a combination of factors and the nurses were just protecting themselves and the health of patients due in after me.

It was a cold morning, I had walked from home, and not strolled up, it was warm in the hospital, I was IN a HOSPITAL, I was behind a face shield, I was in a room with two young nurses, I was in a Hospital, I was due for a scan that could show a fatal aneurysm, apparently these forehead scanners are not that accurate, and I WAS IN A HOSPITAL.

But I shall remain isolated as one is supposed to do so when you are suspected of being a carrier and await the results of the test, hopefully by the weekend.

Aaah, now we see the issue.... ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_femal- ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_femal-
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 09 11:12

inspector wrote: Wed, 9th Dec 2020, 10:48am Did they pack you off straight away, or did they give you time in a separate room to `Cool Down` after walking to the Hospital ?
Nope, sent off immediately.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 09 11:35

Dragonrider wrote: Wed, 9th Dec 2020, 10:39am Test arrived this morning, via Amazon!

I agree two young nurses in a hospital room after a power walk would also send my temperature up ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_grin-
Take care DR ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 09 11:51

Dragonrider wrote: Wed, 9th Dec 2020, 10:39am I was in a room with two young nurses
They can have that effect on you ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_cheesy-

Seriously, fingers crossed I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm off for 2 weeks myself, although that's paternity leave (week old today). I'm due to go back on the 17th and we finish on the 18th, found out yesterday that we may be finishing a day earlier, so I could end up going back on the last day!! Awaiting confirmation from governors apparently.
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 09 15:50

Keyolder wrote: Wed, 9th Dec 2020, 11:35am I agree two young nurses in a hospital room after a power walk would also send my temperature up ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_grin-
Take care DR ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus-
When I go for my annual checkup, the nurse always wonders why my blood pressure and pulse rate are higher than when I do it at home, whilst I'm along. They never take themselves into account!
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dec 2020 09 15:52

Dragonrider wrote: Wed, 9th Dec 2020, 11:12am Nope, sent off immediately.
I thought that that was part of the procedure if someone presented with a Temp. after someone had walked to a hospital or Doctors, still, it is what it is and wait for the result.
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 11 09:21

Got my results this morning...

ALL CLEAR!

---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_laugh- ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_laugh- ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_laugh-