Mass COVID testing of school children

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 11 18:16

Mass COVID testing of school children

Are any of you guys & gals in a school in Essex, Kent or London where they will be carrying out mass COVID testing?

They are saying it might happen at the start of term in January where it may pick up any effects from the --- (The word only permitted in December) --- relaxation of the rules.

I don't know how they will be doing it. A mobile unit maybe?

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 11 18:27

Re: Mass COVID testing of school children

We're in Kent...my wife's school has 16 cases and have sent 3 year groups home.
I think it's definitely needed. I don't think it's any coincidence that cases went down when kids weren't in school. And in secondary schools I imagine the kids just don't take it seriously at all.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 11 18:58

I think you will find the Army may well be involved as it is a massive task to undertake and testing stations set up in supermarket car parking areas. ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 12 20:25

If I was that age again, I would refuse the test in order to get sent home. I wonder how many year 9 & 10s will think of that.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 08:08

JonOfham wrote: Fri, 11th Dec 2020, 6:27pm We're in Kent...my wife's school has 16 cases and have sent 3 year groups home.
I think it's definitely needed. I don't think it's any coincidence that cases went down when kids weren't in school. And in secondary schools I imagine the kids just don't take it seriously at all.
That's ridiculous!
With that many cases the school should be shut, i pity the staff who have to work there..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
prep_room_boy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 08:23

It's OK Vera, everybody is in bubbles!

Except for those who have to walk the entire school all day, they are exempt.

But I do go through a gallon of sanitiser every day.
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 10:32

Vera wrote: Mon, 14th Dec 2020, 8:08am That's ridiculous!
With that many cases the school should be shut, i pity the staff who have to work there..
Up to 27 now apparently. They've sent 6th form home too.
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 10:48

And the R Rate is going up rapidly in those areas down south. Here in Greater Manchester we are much lower now. Yet we are in tier 3 and London et al are in tier 2? No pubs, restaurants, etc open round here. A lot of people wondering why there is this North / South divide (again) ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_angry-
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 12:15

prep_room_boy wrote: Mon, 14th Dec 2020, 8:23am It's OK Vera, everybody is in bubbles!

Except for those who have to walk the entire school all day, they are exempt.

But I do go through a gallon of sanitiser every day.
It's funny, when I returned to school I had to sign a risk assessment because I was at higher risk.
Because breakfast club wasn't open I was taking my boy around with me in the morning, then I got told he has to sit on his own in the atrium because if he walked round with me he was crossing over bubbles and of course "we need to know where he is for our insurance" (er, with his father??)..."but it's ok for you because you can cross over bubbles" ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_huh-
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 14:15

Rockstar wrote: Mon, 14th Dec 2020, 10:48am And the R Rate is going up rapidly in those areas down south. Here in Greater Manchester we are much lower now. Yet we are in tier 3 and London et al are in tier 2? No pubs, restaurants, etc open round here. A lot of people wondering why there is this North / South divide (again) ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_angry-
London to move to tier 3 tonight
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 14 15:20

Better late than never!
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 23 18:28

We are a secondary in Kent and were as everybody else informed on the last day, however i was already at home isolating as my wife who works in another Kent Primary school had just tested positive. I then came down with it myself. (Not something i would recommend) we received an email from the head saying that we had been instructed to begin mass testing from 4th January. and that the school was to be responsible for set-up, training, planning and running the operation. (I should image that includes paying for it, although at least the government has said it will provide the test kits?

I myself whilst trying to get over the horrible illness have a deep knot in my gut worrying about how we are going to logistically plan and run this?
cockneychris
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 24 15:16

Boris has announced a new tier 9..........Everybody will be dead but the schools will still be open.
Don't argue with fools! They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.