Hastings and Rother now in Tier 3

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 17 13:25

Hastings and Rother now in Tier 3

Hastings and Rother will now be in Tier 3 from midnight Friday. My town had the lowest rate in the country 2 weeks ago, it has now tripled. That's how the media are putting it anyway. Usual sensational headlines. The town’s rate per 100,000 is now 507 making us in the top 20. Go figure?

Hastings has a population of 92,855 at the last census. Some are saying that 495 people have tested positive in the town where 2 weeks ago that figure was 103 and 83 the week before that.

My own feeling is doesn't make any sense in putting us into Tier 3 on Saturday when 4 days later the rules are relaxed and it will be a free for all. Why not just introduce the new measures from after the --- (The word only permitted in December) --- relaxation (if we are still going to have this relaxation which looks likely).

Now I need to read up what difference Tier 3 actually makes.

My mother is still saying there should be a complete and total lockdown for 14 days. Make it illegal to put a step outside the house. Give people notice to enable them to get in supplies for 14 days, then everything shuts down (apart from hospitals obviously). No buses or trains. No shops. If it is true you are clear from the virus after 14 days, it should eradicate it from the country. She has a point.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 17 13:39

Re: Hastings and Rother now in Tier 3

Welcome to the (Tier 3 ) Club! Looks like this will continue well into the New Year thanks to Prime Muppet Boris Johnson's ignoring of the scientific advisor's advice. I feel that this is going to happen because he full well knows that giving people permission to Mingle over Kringle will keep enough of the populace o his side so he will survive the next vote of no confidence and that those who don't care less about the older members of the population will mingle anyway, so he might as well say go for it regardless.

The NHS will be put under even greater pressure in the New Year by the next wave of COVID-19 sufferers never mind the vaccine-resistant COVID-20 variant that will probably kill even more of those of us who are at risk.
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Dec 2020 17 13:43

I like that DR...
Mingle over Kringle

Much better ring to it than...
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 17 14:10

I think the key difference with tier 3 will be pubs and restaurants shutting, which will carry on through the --- (The word only permitted in December) --- bubble period.
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 17 17:13

I really struggle to get my head round this. So where does tier 3 stop? I understand that Bexhill is in it, but not Eastbourne? Does the virus run out of steam at Normans Bay? Is The Star possibly the only safe pub in Sussex? It would make sense, with the speed that the virus spreads, to put the whole of East Sussex into a single tier
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 17 17:33

Drone wrote: Thu, 17th Dec 2020, 5:13pm I really struggle to get my head round this. So where does tier 3 stop? I understand that Bexhill is in it, but not Eastbourne? Does the virus run out of steam at Normans Bay? Is The Star possibly the only safe pub in Sussex? It would make sense, with the speed that the virus spreads, to put the whole of East Sussex into a single tier
Stop struggling, it's futile. None of it makes sense. It's a game of wack-a-mole - undertaken by the lad that was always picked last on Eton's playing fields now blinded by his generous fringe and ignoring the promptings of those with vision.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 18 09:18

The virus stops at Sherman's bridge,(half way along the A27 for non locals) surely you know this ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_laugh- You are fine to go to the Costa drive through at the Pevensey roundabout, but I suggest you don't buy any fuel ---- (The word only permitted in December) ---_grin-
On a lighter note "we're all dooooomed!!!!!!!"
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2020 18 09:46

Here in Greater Manchester we are currently 140 per 100,000. But we remain in tier 3. We were hoping to drop to tier 2, but Boris said NO!
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.