Text - Vaccine

Use this board to ask questions and discuss about health issues and your fitness to work...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 10:47

Text - Vaccine

I am a 37 year old healthy guy, don't smoke and I'm in fairly good condition, to my surprise and excitement I've just had a text from my GP offering me an appointment for the vaccine, Thankyou very much I am all over that can't wait.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2021 22 10:56

Re: Text - Vaccine

Well done that man. They seem to be getting through the nation pretty quickly now. I had mine 2 weeks ago. Makes you feel like dancing around the room with joy. I had a few glasses of Harvey's Bristol Cream to celebrate -Big grin.png-

(OK, it was all I had in the cupboard)

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 14:52

Got a text from gp surgery on Friday, booked in for next Saturday -Like.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Takerofcare
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 15:39

Had mine on Saturday before lunch and by 4pm I was rough as a badger! Skin was extremely sore to the touch, joints aching and generally spaced out (very flu-like but no congestion). Paracetamol and ibuprofen improved matters massively, went to bed last night expecting more of the same but woke up this morning feeling 100% with no more ill effects at all. Happy bunny now though with some protection on board so worth the day feeling grotty I’d say -Thumb_up- Astra Zeneca btw!
GARRY E
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 16:01

Got my text at 10.30 this morning ,went online and booked the first date and time available which was 12.50 this afternoon, went and had it done all smiles from me and a big thankyou to all the staff at the vaccination centre for their efficiency in a job well done
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

"Do you have to use a pencil please Miss Worswick"(Mike Harding)
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 16:37

Takerofcare wrote: Mon, 22nd Feb 2021, 3:39pm Had mine on Saturday before lunch and by 4pm I was rough as a badger! Skin was extremely sore to the touch, joints aching and generally spaced out (very flu-like but no congestion). Paracetamol and ibuprofen improved matters massively, went to bed last night expecting more of the same but woke up this morning feeling 100% with no more ill effects at all. Happy bunny now though with some protection on board so worth the day feeling grotty I’d say -Thumb_up- Astra Zeneca btw!
Most people I have spoken to have some ill effects, Mother said she felt tired the next day, friend said she ached all over, if it lasts a day and protects me I can cope with that -Big grin.png-
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Feb 2021 22 17:08

I had no effects at all, even the sore arm was far less than the flue jab I get every year, Oxford Zenica.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 17:12

I felt a bit woozy the morning after but that soon passed, my arm also felt a bit heavy but again that passed -Like.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 22 17:51

Hadn't heard a thing & our GP is --- censored word --- , so phoned up.
"Have some slots ,when would you like it"
Would anyone have bothered to contact me. I doubt it ,even though on the vulnerable list. -Angry.png-
Know of others that are getting it of same age but with nothing wrong Wath them
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSIMIST
skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 23 10:52

my boss and his wife - both early 40's - have had their jabs, but neither of us - both mid 50's (& my wife works in a school) - have been offered it yet.

we can't wait to get the jab!
http://www.knightsofskirbeck.co.uk Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)
Obelix27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 25 07:19

Received my text yesterday and all booked in for next week. I was surprised to receive the text so soon. I am in my 50's. I am guessing the vaccination roll out is going better than hoped.