Soap Dispensers

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 11:57

Soap Dispensers

Morning all, after some soap dispensers as ours are the old Tork ones that take the 750ml bottles. They're fine if you can get hold of the bottles, but currently I can only get the 5litre cases. Some can be refilled once empty, but others split.

I did start replacing some a while ago but my main suppliers don't stock the bigger ones I ideally want, and a smaller alternative have a limit of 8 per customer. Not helpful when you need to replace about 30 because none of your suppliers can get the bottles to fit them!!

There was a thread a while ago, but since the big bang it's not there anymore. I did order some from Able up in Norwich during lockdown, but after a few other options if possible.
motorr
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 12:48

Re: Soap Dispensers

Hi Not sure who your supplies are but I have managed in the past before covid to replace all my toilet roll hoders 40, paper towel holders 75 and soap from Tork 100 for free via a supply if not try tork themselves.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 15:34

I use Baywest- have enough to keep us going. As we have purchased Kiddysinks- portable ones- I have purchased normal household dispensers (500ml) and top them up from 5ltr ones. The same is with sanitiser- bought the small ones then top them up with a 5ltr and a pelican neck dispenser to fill them quickly.
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 16:34

I have been using GOJO system which you can put a restricter on them so people and students can only pump a reasonable amount at a time, the issue is the cartridges can be expensive especially with the amount they are being used under co-vid .
I have fitted refillable hand sanitiser around the school. so i though about changing the Gojo for those but i can only get a cheaper version of the ones previously fitted and when you fill them from the 5l tub the amount of use was silly( trial dispenser)
so im not sure which way i am going to go now.
the cost are
£14 for a dispenser _ one 5l tub at £5 or
existing dispensers and a box of 3 x 1.5 cartridges that are £22
the maths for changing seem to be better but if there is a lot of waste , like there has been with the trial, im not sure
Jomell
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 17 18:13

redfern63 wrote: Thu, 17th Sep 2020, 4:34pm I have been using GOJO system which you can put a restricter on them so people and students can only pump a reasonable amount at a time, the issue is the cartridges can be expensive especially with the amount they are being used under co-vid .
I have fitted refillable hand sanitiser around the school. so i though about changing the Gojo for those but i can only get a cheaper version of the ones previously fitted and when you fill them from the 5l tub the amount of use was silly( trial dispenser)
so im not sure which way i am going to go now.
the cost are
£14 for a dispenser _ one 5l tub at £5 or
existing dispensers and a box of 3 x 1.5 cartridges that are £22
the maths for changing seem to be better but if there is a lot of waste , like there has been with the trial, im not sure
We use Go-Jo too. I wasn't aware that you could restrict the flow. May I please ask how?

Many thanks -Like.png-
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 18 09:21

I use a company called Comax, they have refillable dispensers for £9 and their Soap is cheap as well at £7 per 5ltr.
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. -Success.png-
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 20 22:08

They come with a title last bit that you fit into t. It just clicks in and allows the lever to o half way in
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2020 22 16:05

Re my last post , it was meant to say that the gojo dispenser comes with an attachment that stops the push dispenser from going more than half way and reduce the amount of soap dispensed