Hand sanitizer dispensers

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Andy+50
Sep 2020 18 21:19

Hand sanitizer dispensers

Hi, we're looking for an outside, robust large, maybe 5lt hand sanitizer dispenser, preferably free standing/ mobile. We have the wall mounted 1.3lt hand dispensers and also refillable ones. The problem is we are just running around all day restocking the cartridges. Does anybody have anything of the like?
Cheers.
Barnet
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 23 23:05

Re: Hand sanitizer dispensers

Hi, I noticed our local Sainsburys put a 5lr tub of alcohol sanitiser on a side table at the entrance. It had a pump dispenser put in it. I thought it was a good idea, and this might be something to consider
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 24 09:28

Yes we are using 5 litre sanitizer containers. Our cleaners have a pump that screws directly on to the top of the container, so the staff entering school sanitize as they come in.The pumps a easily available from any hygiene supplier. The TAs nip down and fill their smaller classroom bottles from there as well. Being a very large primary (650 kids and 70 staff) we have gone through a full 5 litres this week! BTW what is everyone paying for a 5 litre container? I bought 6 last week and they were £35.00 each.
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 24 09:28

Yes we are using 5 litre sanitizer containers. Our cleaners have a pump that screws directly on to the top of the container, so the staff entering school sanitize as they come in. The pumps are easily available from any hygiene supplier. The TAs nip down and fill their smaller classroom bottles from there as well. Being a very large primary (650 kids and 70 staff) we have gone through a full 5 litres this week! BTW what is everyone paying for a 5 litre container? I bought 6 last week and they were £35.00 each.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 24 11:33

Rockstar wrote: Thu, 24th Sep 2020, 9:28am Yes we are using 5 litre sanitizer containers. Our cleaners have a pump that screws directly on to the top of the container, so the staff entering school sanitize as they come in. The pumps are easily available from any hygiene supplier. The TAs nip down and fill their smaller classroom bottles from there as well. Being a very large primary (650 kids and 70 staff) we have gone through a full 5 litres this week! BTW what is everyone paying for a 5 litre container? I bought 6 last week and they were £35.00 each.
Hi Rockstar,

Like you we are a large primary too and we are currently use 500ml bottles but we are running through them sooo fast..CO's seem to think that kids don't need to wash thier hands they just "splash it all over" (bonus points for the name of the ad).
Was thinking of 5 ltr containers and refilling bottles.
Where do you buy the 5 ltr from?
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
scrubadub
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 24 16:33

We buy the 5 liters, from ESPO and they are about £40 for 2x5ltr bottles. We tried using hand pumps but found it was dispensing too much so now we re use old soap bottles for the classes and soap dispensers that are dotted around the school.
Lift your face to the sun, then the shadows will fall behind you.
lesbedford
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 24 17:15

We just have 1.5lt spray units at each entrance & hand washing stations for each year group with bars of soap. The answer Vera is the "Brut" adverts
MAN. UNITED RULE OK.
LUFC
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 09:18

Rockstar wrote: Thu, 24th Sep 2020, 9:28am Yes we are using 5 litre sanitizer containers. Our cleaners have a pump that screws directly on to the top of the container, so the staff entering school sanitize as they come in. The pumps are easily available from any hygiene supplier. The TAs nip down and fill their smaller classroom bottles from there as well. Being a very large primary (650 kids and 70 staff) we have gone through a full 5 litres this week! BTW what is everyone paying for a 5 litre container? I bought 6 last week and they were £35.00 each.
I found some 5ltr containers for £22 each on Amazon. Staff found it to smell funny - anyone else having these sort of issues? -Gobsmacked.png-

B+M do a 5ltr container for £25 so we're currently using them
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 09:38

LUFC wrote: Fri, 25th Sep 2020, 9:18am I found some 5ltr containers for £22 each on Amazon. Staff found it to smell funny - anyone else having these sort of issues? -Gobsmacked.png-

smells funny, dries my hands, leaves a residue, too thin, too thick and needs a pump as (and I quote) it's too hard to get the right amount out..

The stuff writes itself, I swear that the antics of teachers would make a brilliant sit com.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 09:52

LUFC wrote: Fri, 25th Sep 2020, 9:18am I found some 5ltr containers for £22 each on Amazon. Staff found it to smell funny - anyone else having these sort of issues? -Gobsmacked.png-

Yeah some of the stuff I have doesn't smell "nice" and parents sometimes say on the gate "they don't like the smell of that one so they've got their own"

My response: "yeah it's not the nicest smell but it does the job and at the moment you have to get what you can get hold of".

A lot more children are bringing their own bottles in because of the "smell", which is fine as it means they're not filling their own bottles up from the stations in school. Yes we did have a spate of certain children filling up their own bottles, and I'm talking long thin 8 inch bottles and not the small pocket sized ones!!
LUFC
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 12:41

Glad I'm not the only one!

Beggars belief. We've tried 5 different types of sanitizer now!

Doesn't bother me - I wash my hands so much it doesn't really stay on my hands for long. -Waving.png-
rayman01+
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 13:02

Hi all we are using soap dispensers for hand gell we worked out the consistency was about the same so gave it a go and it work and only a small amount given out
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 14:43

we have 500ml push bottles of soap and sanitiser. I refill both from 5ltr ones. The staff squirt a bit on their hands and they rub in, soap they then wash off. Estimate is circa 5ltr each over a week, 420 children and 70 staff.
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 25 16:20

In our building we have gone old school and as soon as kids come into the building they go to their classroom and wash their hands in the sink in the classroom. There are only sanitisers for the staff and the visitors.
As they said in the old days "Cleanliness is close to godliness" -Happy.png-

The CO's have the 500ml dispensers and I just top them up with a 5 ltr when they run out. I don't bother to check everyday too much work for a busy Site Manager especially when I am on my own in a 3 form Entry with near to 450 kids. I get the 5ltr for £10 a pop from County supplies it used to be £4.56 before the whole COVID thing.
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. -Success.png-
LimaGreen12
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 29 12:29

Same here, 400 kids estimating about 5l per week. Mainly using 500ml bottles filled daily by myself! Luckily I ordered a load from Amazon so they can be refilled once a week and bottles changed daily!

We found a company local to us for the sanitiser, did us a good deal for recurring business across the cluster! Much less complaints about smells since they managed to get hold of a perfumed one for us!

Costing a fortune in supplies mind!