Swimming pool pumps and filters

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Campernick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 28 15:12

Swimming pool pumps and filters

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice, we have a swimming pool which we have decided to take out of service. This leaves me with pumps, filters, along with a load of pool related bits and bobs. Does anyone know if there is any value in any of this type of kit? I've no idea how old it is or really know anything about it but thought someone here might have some clue. I'll go and take a few pictures and see if I can get any more details from it.

Thanks

Nick
UnderPaid
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 28 15:39

Re: Swimming pool pumps and filters

I would keep hold of it, you know what senior management are like, they will want to re-open it in a couple of months.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 28 15:56

Contact the company you use for servicing and repairs, they may decommission it for you for free if the parts are worth something to them.

Its worth a try. better than a big skip.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 28 18:24

That comment about pumps has joged this old retired caretakers memory, my first school as a caretaker with an indoor swimming pool and after a couple of weeks with no hand over and just the internet to go by i was browsing through the pool pump room working out how the system works and found a delivery pump installed the wrong way around. The flow arrow stamped on the side was facing the wrong way and the pool company who looked after the maintenance and repairs had never picked up on it. -Crazy.png- -Crazy.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right
adonis2
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 28 22:22

Have you drained it yet? if you have a high water table some pools can be pushed out of the ground if totally drained.
a lot of work if you are wanting to fill it in.

The pumps and filters might be of interest to anyone who keeps koi carp .
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 29 06:52

Get someone high up to tell you to drain it completely then the liner will be ---worn out--- and you definitely will never have to reinstate it. Too much hassle to run one.

Have a skim back on old ebay listings for value of the parts.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 29 12:38

Do not make the mistake of leaving any pool water in the bottom of the pool that has not drained away as this water will be highly contagious. -Scared.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right