TMV VALVES

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Bill1958
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 16 14:38

TMV VALVES

We have a conflict here regarding tmv valves distance from outlet. TMV valve service report states we need 2 more valves fitted to be compliant on a run of basins. I Measured The only tmv valve serving 4 basins which from furthest outlet is 2M. Contractor who installed 2 years ago says this is fine. So called engineer who serviced them says not thoughts please. Personally thought 2m was the maximum they could be sited
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 16 15:21

Re: TMV VALVES

Contractors are suffering work shortage during this pandemic and will try and obtain work like this so check it out first before committing to have any additional work done that in the past has been classified as OK. -Wink.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 16 15:27

I've always been told 2m is the maximum.
Skoolkeeper
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 16 16:02

TMVs should be kept to a minimum, but 2 metres is the maximum I was always informed.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 16 16:47

2 meters maximum (pipe length) from the TMV to the outlet. TMV's to be fitted with hot and cold isolation at the valve.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 17 00:53

This is interesting as we are looking at refurbing one of the toilet areas and I was told by one of the contractors asked to quote basically said the same thing but we have the TMVs serviced by one company and the risk assessment done by another and they never flagged anything . Thought they were a bit dodgy.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 17 12:14

The simplest route is to ask WRAS.

Some years back I thought I was being played by a contractor - rang WRAS and had a very helpful and sensible conversation with a chap there - end result was that we were fine.
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 17 12:52

Our H&S provider insists that we have 1 TMV for 2 outlets.
So we only have 2 toilets with 3 basins left that we need to convert.
They are as near as possible to the outlet's.
So apart from around a dozen point of use, we have around 60 TMV's.
He who can does, he who cannot, teaches.
George Bernard Shaw
Sharky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 19 07:37

It is 2m. 3 basins max. isolation valves to each TMV. just makes more work for us when doing our checks as well. but powers that be do not get that bit..
weve had 2 sets of toilets refurbed. Our consultants insisted on this. same as preference on flexi hoses. if you have a flexi hose should have the black mark through. some have blue and red ones. but prefer not to have flexis in at all because these water check companies are condemning flexi hoses.
"Can you just?....."
cockneychris
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2020 19 09:06

When county put in a new boiler house for us part of the deal was to have all new TMV's. They are fitted to ..every.. sink, just underneath. The maximum is 2 mtrs. Being so close to the taps makes them spike red hot at times and I complained vehemently about it and rang the manufacturers who said to put them at 2mtrs but this falls foul of other rules and regulations that say as close as possible to the sinks. The heating engineers stuck with the latter and then went out of business. It was a 100 year old company that just got a bit greedy and could not cope I guess.
Don't argue with fools! They'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.