PAT Testing

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

StNick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2021 14 21:31

Re: PAT Testing

I have been using Seaward PrimeTest 50 for some time, pass/fail. Just upgraded to 100 5th edition. I also use kewtech PAT mobile to record tests, then print whole pages for file.
I also purchased 1000 or so labels already numerically pre filled bar date of test. Test room by room for most part. New 5th edition rules relax testing intervals for some items based on risk.
Whatever you do, Always do your Best. You can't do better than your Best. You can always get better, but you still need to do your Best
seedfut
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2021 02 14:31

Have seen them in Cash converters for less than 100 as long as provinance is not an issue. And they will have ben PAT tested and gauranteed.
Maos
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2021 04 12:06

Does anyone know how long a certificate last once you done the course?
motorr
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2021 04 14:30

Hi my is with the local LA caretaker support and it last for 3 yrs. You should also have your PAT test machine checked every year which is around £70.
Duncan
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2021 05 11:16

Andy i have sent you a private message our school is selling our machine
Duncan
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2021 05 12:59

For anyone that is interested we have a Metrel Betapat plus MI3304 all singing and dancing pat testing machine after speaking to the headteacher she has asked me to list it on here if anyone is interested £650
redfern63
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2021 05 18:59

My advice is DON’T
I brought a fluke one a few years ago, went on a course, passed it, the for the next two years spent nearly two weeks a year doing it. Now I only do it when CO’s bring in items from home.
I would rather pay the 450 quid have someone come in for the day than the headache.
One thing I have realised that trying to save money on doing something your not sure about will only cause you stress and then ,will you get a pat on the back for trying to save the school Money?……. Only someone saying what do you mean I can’t use it’ it’s perfectly fine at home
Anyway my two pennies worth….. not bitter -Big grin.png-
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2021 05 21:22

Just go for the simple pat tester. Why overcomplicate things. When I turned up at a training course first time for my pat training.
People bought their machines & out of 8 people that had bought machines with them, none had a clue how to fully use them.
When I came away from the training,our trust health & safety said to buy the simple pat tester.
Can't fault it
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST