Playground Sweepers

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 28 19:31

Re: Playground Sweepers

thecaretaker wrote: Sat, 28th Aug 2021, 6:45pm We had a Billygoat. Not one of the modern quieter ones, but the old style that you had to wear ear defenders with. Picked up leaves, tin cans, gravel and small stones... everything.
https://www.billygoat.com/eu/en_gb/prod ... cuums.html
Same here. Had a playground sweeper called a litter bug. Used it once then gave it to reception kids .
As others have said also use a leaf blower on the play surface for quickness
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
MainMon
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Aug 2021 29 11:43

thecaretaker wrote: Sat, 28th Aug 2021, 6:45pm We had a Billygoat. Not one of the modern quieter ones, but the old style that you had to wear ear defenders with. Picked up leaves, tin cans, gravel and small stones... everything.
https://www.billygoat.com/eu/en_gb/prod ... cuums.html
Just been watching YouTube videos of these and they are amazing never knew they existed, just priced them up and I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, struggle to get a new brush head at times haha.
Athena65
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2021 29 11:45

MainMon wrote: Sun, 29th Aug 2021, 11:43am Just been watching YouTube videos of these and they are amazing never knew they existed, just priced them up and I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, struggle to get a new brush head at times haha.
I am so pleased I asked the question on the forum as first school I ever worked at had one and it was ace! Just picked up a secondhand one on eBay under £500!
DanCotton
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Sep 2021 23 22:41

I'd be lost without my billygoat at this time of year especially, most mornings I spend nearly an hour out in the playgrounds sucking up leaves, dam conker trees are a pain in the butt lol
Athena65
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2021 24 04:40

It has been a fabulous investment!