Site Office

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

MrNick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 07:04

Site Office

Hi,
A site office - do you have one? How big is it? Where on site is it?
I am trying to convince the HT to let me set up a proper Site office, outside of the main school building, where I can have my desk, a workshop space, and more importantly storage for all my stuff, materials and the other things that get left outside my cupboard.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good external building to use - a shed, portacabin etc?
Cheers.
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 07:28

Re: Site Office

Our Caretakers have an office next to the Main School Office, and 2 workshops and a storeroom on the lower ground floor.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 07:35

My "office" is the workshop and store,
Measures about 9 foot by 4 foot. because of the bench and cupboards i have about 8 foot by 2 foot usable space,
Laptop on the bench, no chair to sit as there isn't room or time to sit in it. -Wink.png-

I have one further store room for the paper goods.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 07:52

I share an office with the Finance Officer and my Caretaker.

I also, "squat" in any other empty office when i need to shutr myself away. I am a bit spoilt with storage cupboards around the site, but do not have a workshop. (just a collasable workmate bench in the boiler house and a couple of old bike sheds.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.----------------------------------------
You reap what you sow!
Jack-the-Bug
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 08:46

I share an office with attendance officer.
We each have a desk and PC and share a printer. Plenty of storage / filing cupboards etc.
I have access to the front door control and car park barrier from my desk and can view CCTV systems too.
We are right next to main office and the tea making facilities.
Also have 2 shipping containers (1 with power and light, 1 without) plus a small shed.
Not bad set up here.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 08:47

MrNick wrote: Tue, 12th Oct 2021, 7:04am Hi,
A site office - do you have one? How big is it? Where on site is it?
I am trying to convince the HT to let me set up a proper Site office, outside of the main school building, where I can have my desk, a workshop space, and more importantly storage for all my stuff, materials and the other things that get left outside my cupboard.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good external building to use - a shed, portacabin etc?
Cheers.
What's your current set-up?
MrNick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 10:48

Nail wrote: Tue, 12th Oct 2021, 8:47am What's your current set-up?
I have a desk in the nursery admin office, which is fine. But all my tools are stored in various cupboards, sheds or cleaning cupboards across the while school. Any materials I've got are stored outside or in the boiler room. Currently sharing all my cupboard space with the cleaners or teachers. Don't have anywhere of my own or organise my things, or a place to make any repairs.
Derek N
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 11:47

Hi

I’m very lucky also got a office out of the way from the other offices mine is next door to the kitchens :) anything new they try out I’m the taste tester ha.
I have a decent size office with two windows got a desk.cupboard and shelves. (Most of my paper work I have uploaded to google drive)
I have a 2 metal cabinet for cleaning supplies and paint and other bits. A cleaning cupboard and two containers. Both filled with c**p. I’m hoping to be able to sort these out in a holiday when weather allows and the HT is about to say bin or not.

Might be worth looking into this company I bought our second container from them and it comes flat pack. They do office containers aswell as any other type. https://www.shippingcontainersuk.com/br ... r-sale.php
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 12:24

This has been covered before and some of our members have some brilliant site officers and then there are some like me when i was a caretaker had a walk in back out cupboard with some shelving and a Belfast sink lol. -Big grin.png-

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Schoolhandyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 19:08

I have got a office off the hall it did take me ages to sort it out