Site Office

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Eastcaretaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 12 21:19

Re: Site Office

As caretakers Moblie we have a garage for all power tools plant and other items stored there we have one as a workshop and storage and then one items we collect from resident that don't remove that these can collect within a 7 day window or they will be disposed off
Stiggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Oct 2021 12 23:22

Don't officially have an office I have a wet cupboard that has the cleaners sink and chemicals, my dry cupboard where I store all the loo roll and my floor scrubber, a tiny outside cupboard for my strimmer, leafblower and petrol, I have a fairly big boiler room so have set up a worktop, a coffee table with chairs and a bit of racking for screws, nuts, bolts etc. Hopefully within the next few years the boiler will be converted from oil to gas, then the oil tank will be removed and I can turn the brick tank housing into a workshop/office.
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 13 07:15

I have a desk space in the Admin office which is where all the visitors come in. I used to have an office inthe new build all quiet, but I gave it up for the SENCO and I also have 2 small furniture stores on the Mezzanine level north end of the Junior building and a Workshop in the Basement where me and my Caretaker assistant can build stuff and fix stuff. I have 3 different cleaning cupboards which I am tempting to change one into a wood storage cupboard and a machine cupboard under the stairs. I have a shed in the garden area where I keep my petrol tools and fuel, access tower etc.
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. -Success.png-
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 13 13:55

i sit in the corner of the staff room for admin time and i have a converted changing room for a workshop in the disused swimming block.........1 form entry primary school
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff -Success.png-
londonlad1939
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 13 15:00

I'm lucky I have my own office I guess but's it very tight, It's 1.5m in width and 3m in length have all my tools and paper work in here and I do all my fixing and making in the basement which Is hard because I can't really cut timber down there in the winter as the sawdust will go in the boiler filters and then we will have some major problems then -Shock.png-
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 13 17:01

I have my SM Office in a separate building, and a CT office, workshop and store in the main building.
We also have 2 external stores from a company called "Extraspace" which i would highly recommend. -Like.png-

https://www.extraspace.co.uk/
Swatch
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 19 11:15

Sounds like some of you are working in palaces -Thumb_up-
My office is 1.5m x 1.9m and contains a filing cabinet (of which I have 1 drawer of 4), a chair, laptop, 3 shelves and 4 walls covered in things hanging off them. Various tools / paperwork / saws etc all stacked around the place. If I stand in the middle of the room I can easily touch all 4 walls but.... it's better than nothing. There's also a weirdly long and thin room for storage of all cleaning and caretaking products under school which shrinks by the day as teachers use it to store books etc. that they will NEVER use again. Recently found some files from the late 50's and a letter from 1912 down there.

I went for an interview at another school a few years ago where the SM had it sorted. He had 2 offices, 1 good sized to work in and his 'personal' office in a separate area with tv, oven / hob, a shower, the works. I think he might have been living down there from the look of it.
Drillbit
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 19 11:22

I have a 10ftX10ft shed/workshop. After it was erected I insulated it, installed lights, power then painted it. I wasn't cheap to do all that though and I'd recommend just getting a converted shipping container. It will be better insulated and safer to lock your tools in.
Jubbs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 19 18:31

I used to live in a "cupboard" which acted as a store room/office/tool shed/repair shop that was 20' x 12', not really big enough for its needs.

They finally agreed to move me to a room that was being refurbished with more modern appliances, like electricity, internet (and a old PC from the ICT Suite chuck outs) and a phone. Only because the old room was going to become part of a new kitchen build anyway.

I was moved into a new room measuring......20' x 12' but with an added 2nd escape route door, which now meant shorter shelving on one wall. and an extra window which also shortened the shelving capacity.

Sometimes be careful what you wish for. -Loud.png-
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. Milton Berle
Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it. D.Eisenhower