leaf blower

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

ash70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 11:09

leaf blower

Hi guys hope your all well. Just wondering what leaf blowers you all use i have always done with a rake but they want the site done in 10 minutes like every other job. Any recommendations gratefully received.
my life is like a game of tetris i never get the block i want
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 11:26

Re: leaf blower

Can you use petrol? if so then Stihl or similar. Battery- not sure.
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 11:34

Makita(cheap) but hard to find local service center for repairs.
Stihl but a little dearer but plenty of service centres.

Asked about battery one in a Stihl and they are over £1200 for a battery back pack one. They said I would need the back pack for an hour to 2 of blowing that is powerful enough.
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
beagle
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 11:37

I've got a Stihl BR350 backpack blower. Good bit of kit, with nearly 300 trees on site it needs to be. Picked up 20 wheelie bins full of leaves this morning. This blows away fresh snow to. Did all the paths around school in about half an hour last winter, there was about 3 inches of snow, normally takes me over 2 hours by hand.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain".
ash70
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 12:03

thanks guys they brought me bosch electric one couldnt blow a wet leaf
my life is like a game of tetris i never get the block i want
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2021 26 12:07

ash70 wrote: Tue, 26th Oct 2021, 12:03pm thanks guys they brought me bosch electric one couldnt blow a wet leaf
Don't forget the ear defenders, the one I used was over 90db and I didn't realise it, yes I should have read the manual -Scared.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Buzz199
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 13:09

Titan petrol blower/vac from Screwfix. Although Stihl is much better quality the Titan comes in at less than £100 and for the amount of time I use it, its not worth paying the extra. Does the job ok.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 26 14:57

Makita four stroke here plenty of power and relatively quiet..
Just straight unleaded but i might switch to super unleaded as I'm not sure about the longevity of E10 when stored awaiting use..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! -JawDropped.png-
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Oct 2021 26 15:24

Vera wrote: Tue, 26th Oct 2021, 2:57pm Makita four stroke here plenty of power and relatively quiet..
Just straight unleaded but i might switch to super unleaded as I'm not sure about the longevity of E10 when stored awaiting use..
E10 will apparently last about 3 months if stored properly and then start to degrade. Hopefully I can persuade the powers that be to let me invest in a decent leafblower soon, I think they expect me to use my personal one which is just a small battery-powered Bosch which is fine for my garden (which I bought it for), not much good for a playground with oak trees on three sides...
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 28 06:54

I have a Billygoat. It collects all the leaves in a bag and then just empty the bag in the compost heap. no carrying, no back ache, just push it along like a lawn mower. I service it myself every year too, new spark plugs, clean filter sponge and change oil. I also changed the wheels as and when needed and I have change the impeller once as my assistant broke it trying to clean up bark chips.
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. -Success.png-