leaf blower

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2021 28 12:24

Re: leaf blower

Buzz199 wrote: Tue, 26th Oct 2021, 1:09pm Titan petrol blower/vac from Screwfix. Although Stihl is much better quality the Titan comes in at less than £100 and for the amount of time I use it, its not worth paying the extra. Does the job ok.
It won’t last. You get what you pay for.
Buzz199
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 21 10:51

Its been ok so far. :)
eggy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 21 14:19

MWCracker wrote: Thu, 28th Oct 2021, 6:54am I have a Billygoat. It collects all the leaves in a bag and then just empty the bag in the compost heap. no carrying, no back ache, just push it along like a lawn mower. I service it myself every year too, new spark plugs, clean filter sponge and change oil. I also changed the wheels as and when needed and I have change the impeller once as my assistant broke it trying to clean up bark chips.
How do you find it. Sometimes we have not even a third of a bag & it's blowing in our face. Then another time bag is full to the bream. Had a rep out & he said it was running to fast. Even slowing it down it happens
-Kiss.png- I AM A REALIST NOT A PESSOMIST
JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 21 14:41

greenjack wrote: Thu, 28th Oct 2021, 12:24pm It won’t last. You get what you pay for.
I don't agree when it comes to petrol leaf blowers. We got a cheap Webb one from B&Q and it never gave me any trouble whatsoever. Was absolutely shocking for vacuuming....some might say it sucked....
After all it's just a small engine with an impeller attached to it. Keep it serviced...which you can easily do yourself.
Not much to go wrong. Strimmers etc., yeah I could see your point.

Unless it's an Einhell. Then you're pretty much doomed from the start.
With regards to the longevity of fuel...I've never even bothered worrying about it for small engines.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 21 20:18

Unfortunately it was only brush and shovel in my day, no money spent on making things easier
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Nov 2021 21 21:46

And there was me thinking this was a Leaf Blower -Big grin.png-

leafblower.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 25 07:59

eggy wrote: Sun, 21st Nov 2021, 2:19pm How do you find it. Sometimes we have not even a third of a bag & it's blowing in our face. Then another time bag is full to the bream. Had a rep out & he said it was running to fast. Even slowing it down it happens
I don't really have any problems with mine. When we first bought it back in 2012, the one they sent had loads of problems with it,no sparking, then when they got that sorted out a month later the HT lead broke, so the manufacturer replaced it with a new one which was looked like it had a slightly bigger engine, but it turned out that the first one was made in England and the second one was made in the USA. The USA Briggs and Stratton engine is a lot better and they were the same CC 148cc but the American made motor was definately the better quality.

I service the machine myself every year and clean out the air filter monthly as I use it a lot. I have quite a big site and it takes me about 1.5hours to do my site, emptying the bag etc too. I preferthis than 6 hours of sweeping, and I get my excercise in too walking around with it. lol

I know there are a lot of people who don't get on with these, but I love mine.
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. -Success.png-
hotwheels
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 25 08:18

I've got a Billy goat and a Stihl leaf blower as we are in the woods its a nightmare after a windy night this time of year. I don't even think about hovering them up. The gardeners used to come in this time of year 4 of them for two days just to bag up leafs and drag them into the wood to dump them. I do the best I can blowing them to the edge of the wall/fence and under it deeper into the woods that's the best it gets now. My Stihl two stroke as been brill I have had it 10 years never failed in that time it dose do your back a bit after 2hours on the go tho -Wink.png-
TheTusk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 25 08:21

Stihl blower/vacuum here. Blow them into a pile then vacuum them up (the vacuum part has blades in to chop them up). I take bags of them home to use as a mulch for the garden.
TheTusk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2021 25 08:34

TheTusk wrote: Thu, 25th Nov 2021, 8:21am Stihl blower/vacuum here. Blow them into a pile then vacuum them up (the vacuum part has blades in to chop them up). I take bags of them home to use as a mulch for the garden.
Forgot to say, It's a 2 stroke.