Wet pour

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider, jay

MrNick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2022 03 14:44

Wet pour

Hi all,
Does any one know if you can pressure wash wet pour surfaces? I've been asked by several teachers to wash and clean them but also been told wet pour can't be pressure washed? Any ideas welcome, cheers.
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2022 03 14:52

Re: Wet pour

I wouldn't personally. If/whenever I've had to clean it, I've used hot soapy water, a broom, and a hose.

Obviously it depends how big an area you have to do, but we only had a couple of smaller areas before it was ripped up last year.
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2022 03 15:13

I've always been of the opinion that it shouldn't be jet washed and have done as above, but we did get a quote from Sportsafe who offer it as a service, and they quoted to:

Supply and apply cleaning Agent (child safe).
Scrub area with whirl away.
Wash with jet washer 3500 psi.
Rinse area.

We didn't go ahead with it due to the price, so couldn't tell you how they would do it.
btrousers
Registered Member
Registered Member
Aug 2022 04 10:09

I sealed some seams with wetpour repair kit, took ages, a few weeks later foxes ripped it all out.
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Aug 2022 05 22:37

btrousers wrote: Thu, 4th Aug 2022, 10:09am I sealed some seams with wetpour repair kit, took ages, a few weeks later foxes ripped it all out.
I have had that as well, except the foxes were on it within a couple of nights.

Now one of the recent hobbies of the children has been to dig holes all over the field, which the other staff find charming (until they trip over one) and they are difficult to fill because foxes or other animals keep digging them out again.

Cleaning wetpour can usually be done with the right pressure washer attachments and technique but the surface can easily be damaged, especially if it is not in the greatest condition. Getting it professionally done can be very expensive, we have had quotes for £1200-2000 for quite a small area.