Oscar Deutsch entertains our nation

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, cable, Sky, Virgin Media, iplayer, Amazon, Netflix, Rakuten...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 20 14:05

Oscar Deutsch entertains our nation

Modern cinemas have come a long way since the flea pits of my youth, the sound is better the seats more comfortable and the floor is no longer sticky or smelly. Picture quality is also very good now especially the IMAX experience, but I rarely go to the cinema these days. In fact, the last film I went to see was Le Mans (Ford v Ferrari) last year, good film if you are a bit of petrol head.

So, any good films on current release that you’ve seen or can recommend, I’m in the mood for another popcorn moment.
Just in case you are wondering about the title in the subject line, it spells ODEON -Like.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 20 14:42

Re: Oscar Deutsch entertains our nation

Well, I have learned something new today. Thought it was a name picked at random.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 2020 20 18:57

Likewise, I never knew that. Goes to show, it doesn't matter how old you are, you never stop learning. -Big grin.png-

EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 21 11:04

As you say they have come a long way since my youth also, picture was always breaking down and you never ever went in the toilets you held it until you got to a public which was a little bit better but still stank or you got home. -Disappointment.png-

Love the modern sound systems and film quality and was amazed when i di go to a modern cinema a few years back how big and comfortable the seats were and we had a side table for our drinks to sit on. -Like.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right
Rockstar
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 21 15:23

"Tenet" seems to be the film of the moment. It's taken a lot of money at the box office. I have not seen it yet, but it is supposed to be like James Bond on steroids! Might be worth a look?
You see, Rock and Roll isn't a career or hobby - it's a life force. It's something very essential. - The Edge.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 22 13:07

Rockstar wrote: Mon, 21st Sep 2020, 3:23pm "Tenet" seems to be the film of the moment. It's taken a lot of money at the box office. I have not seen it yet, but it is supposed to be like James Bond on steroids! Might be worth a look?
Thanks -Like.png- yes that does look like it will be a good film -Success.png-
Any more for any more? -Happy.png-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... -Crazy.png-
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 22 15:05

EBJ wrote: Mon, 21st Sep 2020, 11:04am As you say they have come a long way since my youth also, picture was always breaking down and you never ever went in the toilets you held it until you got to a public which was a little bit better but still stank or you got home. -Disappointment.png-

Love the modern sound systems and film quality and was amazed when i di go to a modern cinema a few years back how big and comfortable the seats were and we had a side table for our drinks to sit on. -Like.png-
The Loewen Cinema near you is a great little place to watch a film.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.----------------------------------------
You reap what you sow!
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2020 22 17:23

Eddy wrote: Tue, 22nd Sep 2020, 3:05pm The Loewen Cinema near you is a great little place to watch a film.
Quite right Eddy but normally only go there now when the grand kids are visiting the static caravan and it's a wet miserable day to pass the time away, but i do like the Kinema In The Woods at Woodall Spa as well. -Like.png-

fa-quote-left SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI fa-quote-right